Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
INormally, it takes 1.5+ years;
I think our sample size is too small to make that claim.

And the Odyssey itself was designed rather quickly. Shots of it were released last year and what not. It just hasn't debuted due to them not having any content to debut it through.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I think our sample size is too small to make that claim.

And the Odyssey itself was designed rather quickly. Shots of it were released last year and what not. It just hasn't debuted due to them not having any content to debut it through.
I'm pretty sure they had the content. They just wanted to hold off releasing it until F2p. I'm pretty sure DStahl said that somewhere. If I recall correctly, originally, we were supposed to get an FE series before F2p. Then that got delayed until F2p.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I'm pretty sure they had the content. They just wanted to hold off releasing it until F2p. I'm pretty sure DStahl said that somewhere. If I recall correctly, originally, we were supposed to get an FE series before F2p. Then that got delayed until F2p.
D'Angelo said they were still working on the content as recently as December 2011. Who to believe?

Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
D'Angelo said they were still working on the content as recently as December 2011. Who to believe?

D'Angelo later revised this statement to say they were working on the content as recently as January 2012, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
And Stahl said at one point that he had played an early version of the first episode of the upcoming featured series.

Personally I'm starting to think Featured Series 4 is the dev team's Duke Nukem Forever. Not that it will take them over a decade to release, nor that it will be bad. But rather that they've been working on it, scrapping stuff, and redoing it since they first teased it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
And Stahl said at one point that he had played an early version of the first episode of the upcoming featured series.
LOL, and then D'Angelo went on one of the podcasts and said "I don't know what build he's talking about, there isn't one."

They really should hire a full-time Minister of Propaganda to help keep their stories in order.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
LOL, and then D'Angelo went on one of the podcasts and said "I don't know what build he's talking about, there isn't one."

They really should hire a full-time Minister of Propaganda to help keep their stories in order.
Well reversing things back somewhat:

We did see actual video of Bajor in STOked's 100th episode visit and it had dialogue boxes as well as populated maps and tumerboy has said he's just been doing polish on maps that were already done.

Anybody remember who our last environmental artist was?

I'm starting to think the timeline goes something like this:

Environmental artist finishes some assets for FE Series 5 and Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy.

Divestment happens. Artist gets laid off/leaves.

The content team gets pulled from content to do map design. (We know they're taking credit for the map layout for SFA and KA and Defera invasion.)

Content team is them focused on revamping STFs and retuning all missions to be level scaling.

FE Series 5 was on hold until they got an environmental artist. With no qualified applicants, Tumerboy gets pulled to do it.

That's my deconstruction of it anyway. And I think Dan did play SOMETHING on the Bajor map. And I think D'Angelo is downplaying that, probably because it was on a map that only looked finished from some angles and was half done.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
The contest itself had a lot of forum negativity. I think their PR-team mishandled it and so I think they really weren't up for a second contest. Add in the fact that everything KDF related is second hand and sort of "oh yeah, we forgot ... Klingons" and you get a situation where the design of the KDF flagship fell into Logan's hands because that was the only way it was ever going to get done. Luckily, the flagship wasn't going to debut for ages since they had put a hold on all new missions.
what i really didnt like was that the contest was based in the USA alone and i would of never approved such a thing either. the less i continue that line of thought the better. the end result is that this hollow excuse of a contest ship win has been legitimized. when its released, it just sings in so many negative tones and vibes. at least in my book it does.

as for the KDF ship, well that thing looks like something out of SC2, i think someone contacted Raynor's raiders and asked for a modded battlecruiser for the klinks. but the only question on my mind is the the turn angle. Just how much more wider can you get a turning angle before it becomes pointless to fly such a thing?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Hrm. Sounds to me like he doesn't have any characters past Lt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
That seems to be pretty typical LTS actually.
Assume much? Personally I have had 5 at max level, and I have an LTS. I'd love to know where you get the ldea that is 1 a LTS thing and 2 restricted to only them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Assume much?
In all fairness, it's not an assumption. It's based on commentary made by Cryptic itself last year or thereabouts.