Lt. Commander
# 1 PvE vs. PvP
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey. I think PvE is better than PvP because, in PvP, you are fighting Klingons. Enemies! Foes! Bad guys! Angry Mexicans!(pardon the war pun). While, in PvP, you're fighting your own team. It's as if the US Navy and US Air Force had turned against each other!! Why would that be? IT WON'T BE!!!!!!! That's why PvE is more practical than PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock1022
Hey. I think PvE is better than PvP because, in PvP, you are fighting Klingons. Enemies! Foes! Bad guys! Angry Mexicans!(pardon the war pun). While, in PvP, you're fighting your own team. It's as if the US Navy and US Air Force had turned against each other!! Why would that be? IT WON'T BE!!!!!!! That's why PvE is more practical than PvP.
Well...first, there is such a thing as Fed vs KDF PVP. So that throws out that part of your argument. As for Fed vs Fed PVP, even Navy/Air Force/Army have War Games against each other... they dont actually shoot each other, just simulate, and that's all the PVP you're talking about is, a simulation.

That said, I also prefer PVE, cause I enjoy it more. Dont need any more of an excuse that that imo
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I find both PvP and PvE to be fun. sto pvp reminds me of swg pvp a lot. and those were some fun times i had in swg pvp. sadly, sto pvp is almost nonexistent (in public ques - which are what i find fun).

and pve, its fun, but the noobs....queing in elites....make me rage everytime. ESPECIALLY when i ask if they know what to do, and there is no reply, then blame ME for failing and saying its THEIR first time in elite stf....im just like

but at the end of the day, i still find sto to be a fun game, its the closest thing i have to a "sandbox" mmo that i will more than likely ever get again. with that, i also must point out, i have a hard time finding any sort of RP in this game at all...i wish there was more, but this game is pretty much a solo game (minus stfs)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk91 View Post
. with that, i also must point out, i have a hard time finding any sort of RP in this game at all...i wish there was more, but this game is pretty much a solo game (minus stfs)

Failing to find any sort of quality RP from individuals and guilds I write my own fanfictions and roleplayed scenes for a limited audience.

Part of my RPs involve adaptations of real world tactical doctrine (yes, naval combat RP from the captain's chair) which may not be to the liking of most 'conventional' RPers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:

guess what...I can bend over, spread my cheeks and make funny noises as well. doesn't mean Im going to share it with everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
In any MMO game I see PvE as a chance to test basic gameplay concepts and equipment combinations. Team PvE is about basic proficiency tests in a possibly stressful, scalable environment. (up to Elite STFs)

PvP is where the real test begins for both character and ship (in the context of this game). That said I don't see much of a point to low to mid-game PvP as whomever can afford purple equipment and has a sensible setup gets the advantage. Endgame PvP is where the fun is and there is some development priority allocated to this part of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 12:21 AM
IMO PvP is far superior to PvE simply because PvE takes no effort whatsoever, All you have to do in PvE is faceroll the keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
PvP is where the real test begins for both character and ship (in the context of this game). That said I don't see much of a point to low to mid-game PvP as whomever can afford purple equipment and has a sensible setup gets the advantage. Endgame PvP is where the fun is and there is some development priority allocated to this part of the game.
And I have to disagree low level PvP is some of the best PvP, also gear doesn't really matter in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
And I have to disagree low level PvP is some of the best PvP, also gear doesn't really matter in this game.
Really? Will have to give it a try then - my KDF toon is still Lv 25 or so.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I've collected most of my rambling thoughts on the matter here.

I still love the atmosphere and experience of PvE, but it has become like Kirk jumping the gorge in Generations. PvP affords me the opportunity to be bested, which keeps me invested in the game.