Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
nice work! thumbs up... for the moment I just scanned the articles...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Amazing guide. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I still need Cure and Infected Ground Elite Optionals to complete my accolade (I have all the others). Hopefully this will help.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldoran
[center]
...forbidden in this fight, as are plasma grenades and multiple people engaging in melee with Armek. There can only be one tank at a time, and the medic should keep at least five to ten meters distance from Armek at all times.
Plasma Grenades aren't all that bad for cure ground. They'll stick Armek into a couple of seconds of nonactivity, enough for the tank or everyone around to heal themselves, or get a few cheap shots in.

Plasma Grenades are not such a good idea against Rebbeca though, as she tends to sink towards the floor when she gets hit by one. This makes it harder for the rest of the team to shoot her if she's behind some of the jumping boxes. As long as everyone is 10 m away from each other, her chain lightning won't affect anyone else, thus making the damage less painful.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
About Cure section

First im a tact, i have sucsessfuly tanked Armek of Borg on elite without a healer. Second, the correct method for optional is... You kill first group, dont go past the Infected borg dude on the ground. When teams ready, you charge in at the turret, Blow it up. (using ur turret stratagy) ignore ALL borg and ALL objectives except turrets. You run past borg, to gate 1, quickly kill gate one group, Activate, kill turret, move on, 1 person should defend 1 and 2, a dif person on 1 and a nother on 2, 1 on 3 and another on 4. Once forecefields down, you should run past borg (go to the right for no aggro) run to next gate, (kill group under the bridge) activate transmitter, take down turret, beat gate thing, run past next group (str8 thru) and just unload everything on the turret, plant and your done, go back and clear EVERY SINGLE BORG you skipped, This is not optional, if u dont clear borg u wont get ur loot. This is the correct stratagy for elite optional,
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
BrokenMirror: What you have described is the bypass strategy, which does work. However, I just completed a Cure Ground run with 2:30 left on the optional timer without bypassing a single group of Borg. It can be done, and the mission goes far faster if you don't bypass groups. Secondly, there is no need to have someone permanently on #4, since no workers attack that one. While it may be possible with the right gear setup to tank Armek without a healer, it is problematical and not recommended.

Please don't say that your strategy is correct and mine is not when mine does in fact work with plenty of time to spare.

As to the comments about Infected Space: My logic in attacking the Cube first (though I do go after the gate first sometimes, depending on team composition) is to free up the ship which is holding the Cube down. We usually have a carrier along on our runs, or a BoP with Aceton Assimilators, and their job is to keep the tactical Cube busy / drained of all power so that the remainder of the team can focus on the spheres. Rather then have them tie up the cube while the rest of us kill the gate, I've found it to be slightly more efficient to kill the cube so that the carrier can join in attacking the gate.

For different groups it might be more effective to go in the opposite order, and I'll add a note to that effect later.

PS: Just got 8:14 remaining on KA ground elite, today was a good day.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldoran
PS: Just got 8:14 remaining on KA ground elite, today was a good day.
The beauty...should have sent a poet...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
This is a guide for those generaly new to elites, most ppl who are generaly new, need to use bypass to do cure optional, Most ppl cant kill borg, and person at 4 really is just at 3 he activates 4 tho. Rember bypass is the easyer way, and can be done by ppl. While other method works, and it is faster, Many people cant do it, you should list both ways, the bypass and other method. Just saying, Newbie guide should have the easy way for starting, then the advanced, faster way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
On your map, you have room 4 listed as the workers being side by side. Aren't they kiddy corner from each other like room 5?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
About Cure section

First im a tact, i have sucsessfuly tanked Armek of Borg on elite without a healer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
This is a guide for those generaly new to elites
Which means they need a healer.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
And the video is now private?