Lt. Commander
# 1 New "Loot" WIndow
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
UI:

New flyouts UI!
Item and numeric reward overhead flyouts have been moved to a special chat popout.

Some great updates today, and the addition of a new feature (like the new "loot window") is a good thing - but...

It doesn't show if you have your chat minimized. I like a clean UI, and if I don't feel like chatting I have it minimized down to the neat looking communicator icon.

Can we please have an option to continue to have the old fly-text if we want that, as well? I don't want to have to have chat open to know what rewards I am getting when turning in a DOff Assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Am I really the only one who is having a hard time with this?

I just went in game to check on DOff missions. I had quite a few to turn in. The rewards used to be easy to see what you actually got (which isn't always what is shown on the mission).

Now, because it's on the chat window, you can't see it if you have the DOff window open. So you can go back and look at the log after, but that's so clumsy and it doesn't tell you which mission gave what reward in the new tab.

I'm all for adding something new - but why take away the option to have the fly text? Or at least let us uncouple the loot thing so we can place it some where more visible?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't like the new popout. It distracts me from the action at the center of the screen which is why I'd prefer to have the floating text in the center of the screen back. Compromise: Let us decide the position of the popout.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Like the new loot window
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Its alright
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 02:51 AM
IDK, even with the chat window minimized I still get the flyouts so I dont have a problem... they are quite nice!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Id rather have then all go too Chat window.all them Loot pop s need too go there.