Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey BRIDGE Feedback
01-29-2012, 06:11 AM
I assume the main thread was really intended for a balance/systems/combat feedback although I will echo what's been said there that the bridge just plain feels too big.

I understand you've been down an environmental artist and just pulled tumerboy onto the team. And while I would love it if the Perpetual bridge got finished, well...

If you have to use an existing bridge as a starting point, I'd suggest using one of the Prometheus bridges. Outside of the TOS bridges, it's one of the ones that has a nice feel in terms of its scale.

It also has features common to most Enterprise bridges in the past and, if memory serves, was a redress of the Excelsior bridge.

If all you have time for is a few texture and console/chair swaps, the Prometheus bridge is going to be the biggest crowd pleaser as a basis for the 1701-F bridge.

Maybe give it a grey carpeted look with some color highlights to echo the Galaxy and Defiant bridges. I'd look at using Sovereign style chairs and consoles. Replace the MSDs with images of the Odyssey. Insert a tactical station behind the Captain's chair and take out or modify the Captain'splatform to accomodate the first officer and advisor's chair. Maybe replace the blocky TOS-style railing with something sleeker. You could always make the struts pop and make the whole bridge echo TNG Enterprises by taking the paneling in a more earthy/woodtone direction, maybe with some accent color on the pillars or struts.

But the base model of the Prometheus is the best basic bridge currently in game. If you want to start somewhere with a new bridge, that will be the crowd pleaser.

Here's a video review of the Prometheus bridge I found on Youtube for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBBf6uowKS8
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Can you post some screens? Some of us are unable to get into tester center.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Well two things I'm concerned about:
The Ensign universal should imho be a Lt Universal, with an Ensign Tac station.
But well I can't get everything I want.

well since this bridge is probably not a placeholder but the ships actual bridge, some feedback to it.
(I got this assumption by the Engineering consoles next to the turbolift doors depicting the Odyssey, so sorry if I'm wrong)

About the Bridge:

+ First officer seat
+ Counselor seat
+ Ceiling window

- too big
- Counselor and first officer seats don't have consoles next to them
- blue Lcars
- seats

ad ceiling window:
Finally a ceiling window! great!

ad...
Too big:
I understand that you want to show that this ship is huge. but people were already complaining about the other bridges being too big. It is not even the bridges height that bothers me but its radius.
The captain would really have to shout to reach some of his officer's ears.
The radius says 'starbase' to me, not 'huge ship' .
Maybe something in the size of those old t5 bridges would be more appropriate

Counselor and first officer with no consoles:
Well both of them should get a console to their left or right or a movable one like they had on the enterprise E
I also don't particularly like the captain consoles, but those are tied to the seat problem.

Blue LCARS:
Honestly, aside from the chairs and radius the bridge doesn't look that bad, but this blue atmosphere is, with one word, tiring. Iím not joking here. Blue wherever I look.
blue is a pretty calming color, and together with the low amount of (cold BLUE) light it will probably make people tired.
Another thing is that people have already asked you guys several times to add proper yellow LCARS, what you even did on some maps. So I don't know why its back now.
But please. If you don't fix anything else - please change make the room brighter, and please not brighter cold-blue, but a friendlier tone. (Maybe a warm-white tone?)

Chairs:
Might be personal preference, but I really dislike these chairs.
I would like to see the chairs from the Sovereign bridge added there instead of the current ones; Another Issue connected to the chairs is that some BOFFs are sitting in the air, while another boff stands where he could take one of these (many) empty chairs.
Quoting myself from the other thread...
And i'll say it again: Please. if you don't do anything else... do somethig about this tiring environment... (Specifically light color + LCARS; tooo much blue!)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
When it comes to the Oddy's bridge and the Bort's bridges, I honestly don't know if they are placeholders or not.

If they are the real bridges, then I am greatly disappointed that they just reused existing bridges of the Star Cruiser and the Vo'Quv Bridge and just put their shops pictures on them.

If these are placeholders, then I hope the real bridges are more realistic Trek in not being football fields, but more like the bridges we know from Star Trek. Which said above pretty much the TOS and the Prometheus bridges are at that proper size.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Not sure if anybody has seen this, but underneath the viewscreen of the odyssey class bridge you can see the stars outside. theres a gap between floor and screen. Its the same bug like in the galaxy class variants on each side of the wooden railing
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd say it's the finished product, probably with a better bridge being released via C-store (maybe with the +1 Odyssey).

We're after all getting a FREE ship here, I'm surprised they gave us a new bridge at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Quoting myself from the other thread...
And i'll say it again: Please. if you don't do anything else... do somethig about this tiring environment... (Specifically light color + LCARS; tooo much blue!)
I wonder why they didn't try and use the LCARS from the Defiant bridge, the ones we see when we login to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 01:33 PM
I had the same thought as the op. The bridges they mentioned would be perfect for the new Ent-F and probably wouldn't take that long to redress before launch. Heres hoping that is not the final bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
I'd say it's the finished product, probably with a better bridge being released via C-store (maybe with the +1 Odyssey).

We're after all getting a FREE ship here, I'm surprised they gave us a new bridge at all.
It's not about the bridge that we're getting or not getting -- although I think ship interiors deserve a whole season devoted to revamping them. It's about what the bridge of the Enterprise-F looks like and if this is supposed to be it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It's not about the bridge that we're getting or not getting -- although I think ship interiors deserve a whole season devoted to revamping them. It's about what the bridge of the Enterprise-F looks like and if this is supposed to be it.
As a buyer of bridge packs, I emphatically agree that interiors could use a massive revamp.

That said, the generic bridge does not have to be indicative of the actual Enterprise's bridge. As far as I know no other Galaxy class shared the D's bridge.

Maybe someone with screen capping magic can find them, but what little we saw of the Yamato and Odyssey's bridges were likely different. And, thanks to TV budgets, likely crapier than Enterprise's.

At least it's a half step forward. Excelsior and Nebula don't have a bridge that shows the correct MSD. And if you notice in the ship description, the class is listed as "Odyssey Star Cruiser," so it would make sense on a certain level that the default would be a Star Cruiser variant.

But if they do make a more pretty better, I'll probably end up getting that too.