Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Is there a new bridge for this ship ? CAN someone PLEASE post pictures ?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandrominus
having watched it via netflix on my big screen tv 2 days ago i was paying close attention, abd it was this exact set recolored slightly and with a railing and a couple extra consoles http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li...710lo1_500.jpg

this set was in the DS9 lot area and commonly used for fill in federation (and cardassian) bridges

if you watch the episode you can make out the the indented space right behind the captains chair, and the 2 prominent MSD work stations on each side
I'm re-watching again now. I see what you mean regarding the recessed area at the center-rear of that bridge. So it is the set that you're suggesting - with some interesting modifications. I found a decent screencap here. Look at the last shot (lower-right) of this page? Familiar to us as seen behind Picard's seat on the E-D is a central support for the Tactical console behind Captain Keogh. With the metal railing running across it. Keogh's chair headrest is seen, so he does appear seated further forward of his also seated XO. Who appears to be seated just behind the Captain and to his left. By extension, I'm going to speculate a third chair to Keogh's right. Which might offer three command seats as on the E-D set. If I'm correct, this floorplan isn't yet represented on any of the familiar sites with Bridge Illustrations. It would be nice to see this one laid out. Even in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOP View Post
Yes, please.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Yes, please.
Sorry guys, this thing is far too big to screenshot it.
And it isn't really worth the bother as it is just a mixture of some other bridges already in the game.
(i also don't want to take the risk of sleeping in while making them; Did I mention that the dim-blue ligth is tiring?)
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Sorry guys, this thing is far too big to screenshot it.
And it isn't really worth the bother as it is just a mixture of some other bridges already in the game.
(i also don't want to take the risk of sleeping in while making them; Did I mention that the dim-blue ligth is tiring?)
so take multiple screenshots, someone. people are curious here i'd do so myself, but while the screenshot feature SEEMS to work just fine, i can't actually figure out where to find the folder where they go
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
so take multiple screenshots, someone. people are curious here i'd do so myself, but while the screenshot feature SEEMS to work just fine, i can't actually figure out where to find the folder where they go
Go into the main game folder and then the testplay folder and the screenshot folder should be right there.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Go into the main game folder and then the testplay folder and the screenshot folder should be right there.
thing is i don't seem to have one... all I have is a Shortcut in the Destop folder, and a 'Star Trek Cryptic Trial' folder in the Documents one

sorry that i'm such a noob in this area
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2012, 07:37 AM
THANK YOU !!! that bridge looks like the star cruiser one... Hmm.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
THANK YOU !!! that bridge looks like the star cruiser one... Hmm.
My big thing is, I think the Star Cruiser's bridge is one of the few oversized ones whose size looks justified because of the stations and terminals everywhere.

But you remove those (as they did here) and there's just a lot of empty floor and ceiling.

I'd much prefer something like the Prometheus getting retouched as the only things here that say "Enterprise" to me are the three chairs and tactical station railing. It's a bit too much like "Enterprise-D meets Land of the Giants" for me whereas the Prometheus has a lot of touches that feel authentic to a classic Trek bridge.

I also think they went back to their toolbox of blues and greys when every Enterprise bridge has had some really regal red or earthtone notes laced throughout that gave them a feeling of warmth.

I think the "Federation is BLUE!"/"Klingons are RED!" schtick in STO takes it way too far and winds up feeling a bit juvenile or at least overly reliant on the colors to carry the setting without adequately trusting the geometry and composition to carry that feel.