Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
What annoys me is the excuse these peeps give for using them.. "Well all the other feds use them!"
Not really a valid argument when you're fighting KDF.
Because it is the only thing that saves them from seeing their ship explode into a ball of fire and debris. Makes them think that all these months of unsuccessful PvP they finally found "it". They can now talk trash to the ships that were sploding them all the time until they got the MACOs. But that could just be a casual observation and I could be very wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Because it is the only thing that saves them from seeing their ship explode into a ball of fire and debris. Makes them think that all these months of unsuccessful PvP they finally found "it". They can now talk trash to the ships that were sploding them all the time until they got the MACOs. But that could just be a casual observation and I could be very wrong.
Sounds about right to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Until recently many were using the shield exploit anyway. Unfortunately that went away at roughly the same time KDF got new consoles, so the consoles got a lot of heat (justly or unjustly so as to my knowledge no one has really crunched any numbers on them). But, I'm not so sure it just wasn't mostly the shield issue being addressed. Then came the update to the STFs which led to the MACO in its current state.

But, even before then there's been a long line of one thing or another being out of whack. TeamFaW, Nova style P2W, down low P2W ships (until Nova interview then out in the open), various skills (RSP, SNB, VM, CVS, Ramming Speed), various procs (though at least everyone had access to the op flavor of these), Fed initial release version of pengs, are all things that led to heavily unbalanced scales in PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Want to know what is the strongest most op thing in sto right now? its not Maco shields BTW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Want to know what is the strongest most op thing in sto right now? its not Maco shields BTW.
[Freebie Feddie Whiner}: Klingons! BoPs! Borg!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Want to know what is the strongest most op thing in sto right now? its not Maco shields BTW.
Tactical Cube Stealth Torp crits you for 135098 (45989234)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Want to know what is the strongest most op thing in sto right now? its not Maco shields BTW.
My playing ability!

:shifty:
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Patch incoming http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251179

Thank you Cryptic

Please use this moment to rejoice
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-30-2012, 08:05 PM
The pvp is unbalanced, but not because of federation shielding. It's unbalanced because cryptic has very obviously shifted the balance of power WAY to the klingons. They have the 'i win' button, carriers, and a large number of klingon players that complain about every advantage the federation may get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBenton
The pvp is unbalanced, but not because of federation shielding. It's unbalanced because cryptic has very obviously shifted the balance of power WAY to the klingons. They have the 'i win' button, carriers, and a large number of klingon players that complain about every advantage the federation may get.
I said rejoice dammit. Why turn something positive into negative. If you dont want to fight klinks don't.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 AM.