Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBenton
The pvp is unbalanced, but not because of federation shielding. It's unbalanced because cryptic has very obviously shifted the balance of power WAY to the klingons. They have the 'i win' button, carriers, and a large number of klingon players that complain about every advantage the federation may get.
BOO

You would have been scared if I was wearing the right mask...doh.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBenton
The pvp is unbalanced, but not because of federation shielding. It's unbalanced because cryptic has very obviously shifted the balance of power WAY to the klingons. They have the 'i win' button, carriers, and a large number of klingon players that complain about every advantage the federation may get.
Ah i fought against you. Dravis i think your char name was. My did you whine hard in that match.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
This game will NEVER get a balance pass unless Cryptic stop making stuff for the C-Store which will never happen.

Since there is always a new exploit coming out every month or so, PvP does have alot of problems atm. Lots of players keep bugs, expliots and glitches under the hood so Cryptic won't find out.

Lots of the major pvp fleets have been involded with this problem since day one. I won't name what fleets but pretty much all I can say is I know at least 1 member in all of the pvp fleets. I won't name what members of what fleets and they certainly will deny knowing me since they won't blow their cover. So don't bother asking.

My job is to find out what fleets use these un-fair tactics, report them to Cryptic for review and report the players for cheating. I have a real problem with people that cheat and CANNOT stand it at all.

Then you got customer support problem with Cryptic telling us that the Voldemort Bug is a UI and it took over 18 months to get it fixed when it fact " WE " the customer knew more about what was going on then they did. I knew about this bug roughly in June of 2010 and cannot believe it took this long to get it fixed.

Honestly at this rate I've accepted PvP as is and just deal with it. I have no problems at all with pvp, just that I'm concerned with everyone else not having a fair chance and most importantly having fun. In turn, it ruins the pvp experience for everyone.

The future of PvP from my point of view is poor to uncertain at best.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2012, 12:49 AM
If you know about cheats, make them public (maybe someplace else so Cryptic won't hunt you down) so we can all help put pressure on Cryptic to fix the issue.

But just fueling unfounded suspicions you are seeding distrust among the community and ultimately cause more harm than any cheater possibly could.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
If you know about cheats, make them public (maybe someplace else so Cryptic won't hunt you down) so we can all help put pressure on Cryptic to fix the issue.

But just fueling unfounded suspicions you are seeding distrust among the community and ultimately cause more harm than any cheater possibly could.
I'm not discussing exploits with anyone period except Cryptic Studios as I've done for almost the last 2 years. That would be as I understand it a violation of the EULA. I do it through the bug reports.

The distrust you describe has been established since 2010 and it's roots are very well deep. So you are inclined to think what you must but most people have no idea at all the magnitude of these problems. So I'll leave it at that.

Hopefully though in time maybe things will start to change around for the better but it will require a tremendous amount patience and most importantly...time.

We'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2012, 01:32 AM
What I have seen so far indicates that Cryptic fixes pvp issues only after massive public pressure.

On the other hand I have seen how problems like the double shield issue were blown way out of proportion. By reading the forums one could get the idea that half the playerbase was using it, when in fact over the duration of several weeks I had only two matches with a player in them who probably actually exploited this.

And I am certain that cheating (if it even exists at all) is not of any importance in this game since clean playing premades can win against all groups in this game. So either there are no exploits, or they are not strong enough to make a difference against superior player skill.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2012, 04:49 AM
In other words he won't name names cause he doesn't have proof. He'd much rather just submit reports against players after every match he loses in the hopes that lolcryptic will ban them from the game so he doesn't lose to them again.

If you see someone cheating, you are best off taking a screen shot of your evidence and sending it, to the administration in that players fleet so they can deal with the problem. Most fleets don't want their reputations sullied by having cheaters in them.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2012, 06:22 AM
The real cheaters here are only the Klis with all their toy consoles, not to mention the OP Bortas...
Anyway, RedBenton, show respect for the best players in the world, they know very well how to fight all together with the KDF vessels.
Unfortunately we feds often lack about teamwork...but one must admit that a little help the Klis have recently had from the Devs...
And about unwanted and by mistake exploits, although I found a lot of fun tanking with my Defiant thanks to the Mako shield, I finally drop it, but also bought a toy console, the Impulse Capacitance Cell.
I can run away at high speed from the battlefield with two beautiful reddish streaks that come out from my engines...but it's only a defensive toy console, useless to destroy the enemy...eh...
But seriously, careful in accusing someone of cheating, before submitting reports to the Cryptic it is better to exchange views in the forum with the other players.
So a cheater will be unmasked by his own comrades because I don't believe an entire fleet can cheat.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
In other words he won't name names cause he doesn't have proof. He'd much rather just submit reports against players after every match he loses in the hopes that lolcryptic will ban them from the game so he doesn't lose to them again.

If you see someone cheating, you are best off taking a screen shot of your evidence and sending it, to the administration in that players fleet so they can deal with the problem. Most fleets don't want their reputations sullied by having cheaters in them.
I believe that is now 8 me, you 0 from 6-0. What match are you talking about Arena or Capture and Hold? Are you still mad that my fleets premade destoryed yours with little resistance?

Like I said told you last time ealier. Pick your coffin because I gotta a whole lot of photon torpedoes with your name on it. Come on sweetheart, I'll straighten you out. Just be sure not to rage and log off and warp out like your last premade because they " couldn't handle it". it's make you guys look bad, which I kinda felt sorry for you.

Or maybe your not just cut out to PvP. Perhaps you need to look into PvE. That's pretty easy for you I would say.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2012, 07:23 PM
I want what ever drugs you are smoking.

Oh I get it you are counting your Epic Dodges, and avoiding duels as victories. My bad.
Sorry son, but my name isn't Breen Cruiser. Which is the only thing you've been a killin.