Lt. Commander
# 1 BOFF formations
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
the standard formation for your boff's are in a v shape behind you like a flock of ducks. now the path finding has come along tremendously from what it was at launch. but there are times still when you say to yourself 'really?'. often if you make more than one 90* turn at least one gets stuck along the way lest the corridor is large to accommodate your party. yes you can select one or groups to move to specified spots but that is inefficient.

my suggestion is to have just above the 'all npc's in party' command bar in the top left (standard) to have a few unit groupings to chose form such as file where you lead a single file line (most useful to get around tight areas) or line abreast, or shield(where 4 stand in front to agro the enemy, good if your character is a support and not built to take a lot of damage) and leave one for custom. arrange your team into a formation around you with in a radius of say 10-15m (could have a faint disk graphic to show where to stand) once you position your team where you want them click save and when using that formation you party dose its best to stay where you position them

just a thought tell me what you think.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Formations are a Great Idea
01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Variable, programmable, multiple formations are much, much better than the single...."OK group...stand here in a bunch and wait for grenades to frag you." option that we have now.

I'm just saying
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Good ideas. If nothing else, it would be good to have a 'summon team' button that would allow you summon team members to you that became stuck in doors, against walls or other objects as you moved along.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
the standard formation for your boff's are in a v shape behind you like a flock of ducks. now the path finding has come along tremendously from what it was at launch. but there are times still when you say to yourself 'really?'. often if you make more than one 90* turn at least one gets stuck along the way lest the corridor is large to accommodate your party. yes you can select one or groups to move to specified spots but that is inefficient.

my suggestion is to have just above the 'all npc's in party' command bar in the top left (standard) to have a few unit groupings to chose form such as file where you lead a single file line (most useful to get around tight areas) or line abreast, or shield(where 4 stand in front to agro the enemy, good if your character is a support and not built to take a lot of damage) and leave one for custom. arrange your team into a formation around you with in a radius of say 10-15m (could have a faint disk graphic to show where to stand) once you position your team where you want them click save and when using that formation you party dose its best to stay where you position them

just a thought tell me what you think.
anyone whoever played baldurs gate knows how awesome multiple party formations is. +1

a few of my favorite

a ring around the leader, your boffs circle you facing outward

follow : they follow you in a direct line

T form, you are the back of the T with the fighters up front

even tho ground sucks, and ground pve with boffs sucks even harder.. i cant help but vouch for this top notch idea
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 05:03 PM
thank you all for the positive feedback