Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have just been playing around in STF's with [Borg] weapons and never noticed any extra damage. Due to this I went into a mission for testing and got some odd results. With Torpedoes single firing the [Borg] 1000NPC damage always triggered. But when using torpedoes with BO skills like High Yield the [Borg] mod never triggered. Is that a bug or is it meant to work like that?

Also tried mines and even on single fire the [Borg] mod never works. Going to try Tribolts next.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2012, 11:43 AM
[Combat (Self)] Your Quantum Torpedo deals 595 (5951) Kinetic Damage to Probe.
[Combat (Self)] Your Chaotic Particle Stream deals 1000 Kinetic Damage to Probe.


[Combat (Self)] Your Quantum Torpedo - Salvo III deals 424 (4245) Kinetic Damage to Probe.
[Combat (Self)] Your Chaotic Particle Stream deals 1000 Kinetic Damage to Probe.
[Combat (Self)] Your Quantum Torpedo - Salvo III deals 423 (4226) Kinetic Damage to Probe.
[Combat (Self)] Your Quantum Torpedo - Salvo III deals 409 (4088) Kinetic Damage to Probe.
[Combat (Self)] Your Quantum Torpedo - Salvo III deals 508 (5080) Kinetic Damage to Probe.

Looks like it only procs once, even if High Yield fires multiple Torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I can confirm it doesn't work for mines and heavy plasma torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Just done some more testing and I see it now. I missed it as the proc happens as soon as you press Torpedo Spread III not as the torpedoes hit. You also only get 1 proc not per torpedo proc

It also seems [DMG] is not working for mines, at least not Tricobalt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2012, 12:06 PM
It's a % proc and won't be every torp every time. Technically it COULD proc on every hit if you had the luck of Jesus, but odds of that are slim.

The mechanics of the weapon work fine. 7.5% chance of delivering an extra 1k armor-ignoring damage to Borg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
It's a % proc and won't be every torp every time. Technically it COULD proc on every hit if you had the luck of Jesus, but odds of that are slim.

The mechanics of the weapon work fine. 7.5% chance of delivering an extra 1k armor-ignoring damage to Borg.
Torpedoes and mines are not % proc. They proc 100% of the time or at least should do with mines, it works 100% of the time with torps and 0% with mines. Wish I had known before as I would have swaped over ages ago. These torps pretty much fix the problem I had when I ran the torp build in your Elite STF. I can now solo the cubes much faster. EDIT: Plus more damage in all PvP and PvE due to mark XII weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
Torpedoes and mines are not % proc. They proc 100% of the time or at least should do with mines, it works 100% of the time with torps and 0% with mines. Wish I had known before as I would have swaped over ages ago. These torps pretty much fix the problem I had when I ran the torp build in your Elite STF. I can now solo the cubes much faster.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I hadn't paid attention.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Been playing with [Borg] weapon monds more today and it looks like, Borg Cubes, Tactical Cubes and Nanite spheres along with normal spheres are not taking 1000npc damage from the [Borg] weapon mod with torpedo weapons in Infected & Cure. Other Borg targets work, Red Alerts and normal missions seem to work. Mines still work on nothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
Been playing with [Borg] weapon monds more today and it looks like, Borg Cubes, Tactical Cubes and Nanite spheres along with normal spheres are not taking 1000npc damage from the [Borg] weapon mod with torpedo weapons in Infected & Cure. Other Borg targets work, Red Alerts and normal missions seem to work. Mines still work on nothing.
Mine are all working fine. I spent most of yesterday running STFs, ground and space and the proc worked all the time. The best place to look is in the combat log, the proc will show as

Quote:
Your Chaotic particle beam deals 1000 Kinetic Damage to Borg NPC
It was definitely working for me yesterday, it's pretty easy to spot to with the clean 1000 damage above the target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Arent most borg proc mod weapons "trash" anyways? Wouldnt it be better to grab a, actually no, you people will buy them and thus deny my being able to buy them.

but yea arent borg procs near useless?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 PM.