Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
It is not a hardware problem because this issue does not occur with any other game. It's not a hardware problem because I'm on the internet right now talking to you. I play other games such as Starcraft II and Star Wars TOR. I also play online with my Xbox. This issue does not occur with other games. .
Then obviously, other games (or simple web browsing...) aren't like STO... Since the Router isn't running the STO Client, the only way STO could crash the Router is when the Router isn't up to the task of carrying the load.. there is simply no other working explanation...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Still cannot play STO. Still waiting for a Dev to respond to my post and give a suggestion beyond "download new drivers" or "your router is broken".
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Then obviously, other games (or simple web browsing...) aren't like STO... Since the Router isn't running the STO Client, the only way STO could crash the Router is when the Router isn't up to the task of carrying the load.. there is simply no other working explanation...
Obviously STO was designed poorly and needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, I just started this game a couple of hours ago. I have similar issues with the game. It happens every time I hit a load screen. Every. Single. Time. Excepting the initial log in. My whole internet goes down. It doesn't crash the router per se, but it crashes my connection to the router. This has never happened before on any other game and only happens on loading screens in STO. It cannot be my personal router because I have a direct connection to it, and a back up connection to a open university hotspot via wireless. It's literally crashing my internet.

I have tried, as a computer science major specializing in network technology every option in getting this fixed, and have come up with nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get in your Technical Support ticket to PERFECT WORLD SUPPORT.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your ticket.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

-----

You can send them here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brumalii
Well, I just started this game a couple of hours ago. I have similar issues with the game. It happens every time I hit a load screen. Every. Single. Time. Excepting the initial log in. My whole internet goes down. It doesn't crash the router per se, but it crashes my connection to the router. This has never happened before on any other game and only happens on loading screens in STO. It cannot be my personal router because I have a direct connection to it, and a back up connection to a open university hotspot via wireless. It's literally crashing my internet.

I have tried, as a computer science major specializing in network technology every option in getting this fixed, and have come up with nothing.
I'm having the same exact issue, and it's not a hardware issue on my end either. I played STO when it first came out for several months, and I've got the same ISP, and same modem that I had back then, and I didn't have this problem before. Other games work fine without a single problem, however in STO I hit a load screen, and get disconnected. All my drivers are up to date as well. Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Here's my DxDiag. I tried to use Hijackthis but I don't think it works right for me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
This is a game problem; either with a coding issue or an overly complex, byzantine connection problem that causes this issue to occur.
Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head with your own reply. First off, thanks for stressing this issue as much as you have. I've been able to follow your posts about this issue instead of making my own. Second, I DO think it's our Charter hardware that is a problem. It's not the only problem, because obviously STO is the other part of the problem. It's coding is, indeed, faulty considering our crappy Charter modems/routers can run every other game in existence without error. Since switching from BellSouth DSL to Charter cable a couple months ago (to save a measly $4), I've noticed slower speeds in select areas of internet usage. While these slower speeds seemed to be localized to web browsing, download speeds, and a couple other facets... this is the first time where a game's performance is possibly being affected. I've been thinking about switching back to DSL since I never incurred any problems while using it and I'm willing to bet that it solves my issue with sustaining a link to STO's server(s). Sadly, I won't be playing longer than necessary except to test my theory and see if it's correct. The lack of customer care I've witnessed regarding this and other issues,... not to mention it's almost as if this game were still in beta, leave me with no more desire to play this game for any reason other than it's name being, Star Trek.. Which is no reason at all I guess. :D

If you'd like, AdSin, I can PM with the results of my isp swap's affect, if any, on this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
yes yes its NOT a hardware problem...i have a DGL-4500 GAMING ROUTER designed for these types of games, built in game fuel and the ability to put my pc networking over any other pc on the network. Its definetly an STO issue but cryptic doesnt care about helping solve their server problems...they only care about adding more cstore content, you're options are this..either get ust to being annoyed by this bug or quit playing..either which way dont buy cstore content and show cryptic whose boss...i'd rather let a game die then put up with this many annoyances while trying to relax and have fun. Oh and to the person who said that its just a few people having this problem so its got to be on their end ROFLMFAO! Look through the forums again under tech issues, HUNDREDS of posts related to this topic dating back all the way from launch, all ignored...oh ya cryptic sure knows how to keep gamers happy ).
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh I'm surely not buying any Cstore content. I can't even play. It's not like I play a few missions and then get DCed.

I get DCed from the game within 2 minutes of logging in EVERY SINGLE TIME I LOG IN! I don't even have time to beam up to my ship or leave the system before the server DCs me and I lose internet access for a couple minutes.

This is outrageous and stupid. I can't believe a company that wants to make money is treating its customers like this.

If I was in charge of STO I would fire the entire Dev Team because they are apathetic and incompetent.