Lt. Commander
# 61
01-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
As a player of the game - I would love to see Cryptic sponsor Foundry missions and every so often have the community vote on a mission to be "Remastered" that would become an offical part of STO complete with cutscenes and VO.

I do know that we would like to somehow highlight the communities work again in some shape or form - we will see what happens.
I absolutely would love to see this happen. I already have a couple of good candidates in mind. (Neither of them mine, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
Assets will be part of the update. In fact it would be good to start of a new list of what assets you guys want to see.
For me, mostly I just need larger interiors, specifically non-Federation interiors. If that could be done by seamlessly "binding" two or more together, that would be awesome, though I sure wouldn't count on it.

(My other big thing is wanting to put my private faction's uniform on any humanoid species, but that applies to neither your statement nor the original post.

And to the original post: I've done a fair bit of acting in local theater, and have become notable for some of the odd things I can do with my voice (including using two very different voices for two different characters in "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"). So if anyone wants me to do a few lines in audio format, send me a private message and I'll see what I can work out for you.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Managed to improved the processing speed considerably so I made a new version with more checks:
http://www.sto-advanced.com/VOA_2.ZIP
This counts the lines as the previous one.

But then I realized that it can process the entire screen without problem and I decided to make the setup free version with the binary coding of the folder and clip number.
http://www.sto-advanced.com/VOA_B.ZIP

With this, the user doesn't have to set anything, just the server and that is it.

The writer, on the other hand, has some more work. If you start the app you need to expand it to the right to reveal the binary converter.

Folder nr. is the name of the folder on the server. It can go from 0000 to 4095. The folder has to be present and consist of 4 characters (0007 instead of just 7).

Clip nr. is the name of the sound clip or track. It can go from 000 to 255. The name has to have 3 characters (012.mp3 instead of 12.mp3)

When you set both, you can copy the: "[OOC]....[/OOC] Track: ... "
line to the dialog. It doesn't have to be the first line, but it will be played whenever it becomes visible. If you place it to the end, the player has to scroll all the way down.

Since the app is strictly set to accept this specific type, yellow, exactly 20 characters long input, it is unlikely that anything can trigger a false VO.

I think that is it. If you don't spot bugs or come up with some extra demand then it won't get any better than that.

Altexist, if you can access the sbUGC's FTP, then I'd like to ask you to set up the Tipping Point with the binary method there. Then alter the dialog markings in the mission accordingly.
That would be a good indication how practical workflow is. Your findings could be used later on for a how-to guide, too.

Plus I could test how well the theory holds up. If everything goes as expected then all the players would need to do in the future is to download the app, (install winamp if needed) and just run it. I don't think it can get any more simple.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I think even as a noob Foundry Author that this in a way is a great idea. The game already has an in game vox. why cant we incorporate this into the foundry mission editor as a recording device also. Then they could add an audio tab along with the map, story line, etc. tabs. then when in story line edit for the chat/action windows in the (...) search it can be tied to that audio action. Actually not more coding would be involved to incorporate it this way. that way cryptic has no worries of spam or virus,s cause its all done in game. All in All would be a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Managed to improved the processing speed considerably so I made a new version with more checks:
http://www.sto-advanced.com/VOA_2.ZIP
This counts the lines as the previous one.

But then I realized that it can process the entire screen without problem and I decided to make the setup free version with the binary coding of the folder and clip number.
http://www.sto-advanced.com/VOA_B.ZIP

With this, the user doesn't have to set anything, just the server and that is it.

The writer, on the other hand, has some more work. If you start the app you need to expand it to the right to reveal the binary converter.

Folder nr. is the name of the folder on the server. It can go from 0000 to 4095. The folder has to be present and consist of 4 characters (0007 instead of just 7).

Clip nr. is the name of the sound clip or track. It can go from 000 to 255. The name has to have 3 characters (012.mp3 instead of 12.mp3)

When you set both, you can copy the: "[OOC]....[/OOC] Track: ... "
line to the dialog. It doesn't have to be the first line, but it will be played whenever it becomes visible. If you place it to the end, the player has to scroll all the way down.

Since the app is strictly set to accept this specific type, yellow, exactly 20 characters long input, it is unlikely that anything can trigger a false VO.

I think that is it. If you don't spot bugs or come up with some extra demand then it won't get any better than that.

Altexist, if you can access the sbUGC's FTP, then I'd like to ask you to set up the Tipping Point with the binary method there. Then alter the dialog markings in the mission accordingly.
That would be a good indication how practical workflow is. Your findings could be used later on for a how-to guide, too.

Plus I could test how well the theory holds up. If everything goes as expected then all the players would need to do in the future is to download the app, (install winamp if needed) and just run it. I don't think it can get any more simple.
hey Pendra -

sorry that i have not followed up on this.. i have been out of town for a few weeks and just not getting back to things. i will check out the update (and i want to check out your foundry missions.) i am also going to do a small tweek to one of the missions to see if i can get it to work a little better.

I cant access StarbaseUGC for any kinda of file system (at lease i dont think i can. ) but i have access to my own host. i can put files there.

I was hoping this would get some more traction while i was away and we would see move foundry mission with VO work. There was some good Vo work in the FE and some that was ... not so much. When (or if ) a cut scene tool comes, user added VO's would make a great combo.