Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2012, 05:14 PM
One reason these forums are tops is because both players and devs have been together for what 3-4 years now? Before the game came out these forums were packed with news, RPs, pre-game politics, fleet construction, recruiting, and just plain old hanging out.

We still have negativity, but over time things have cooled out.

But don't tell anyone the Cardassian said anything of the sort.

Grrrrr... destroy, conquer, down with the Federation... Those are the ONLY things I'll admit to saying.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Well in TOR's defense the community and forums were just as good as STO's before Order 66 was enacted...one of the most useful and helpful forums died in mid December.

But yes, the TOR forums as of post-launch is nothing but a bug report thread merged into a site.
And whenevr the SWToR Mods don't like the posting trends they just disable posting there for a few hours too. (Nevcer seen that in the STO forums and can only imagine the post re-enablement outcry where they to try it. On the SWToR forums, they just delete the thread or ban the poster - as popposed to leaving the thread up and just closing it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
And to you good Sirs I respond with this...

"What a piece of work is man"
My rebuttal! (At around 10:17)
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Don't know how it is over there, but discussion of that other MMO here is a quick way to get yourself banned 'round these parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
My rebuttal! (At around 10:17)
Posting for fun here... :p

Are you trying to hint that the Community Moderators will be assimilated by the forum trolls and then somewhere the ultimate moderator Q will be laughing...

"Quoting all of those lines of Hamlet with all of the irony they were intended to have... Evolved indeed!"

And then I'll end up posting with a blue (not purple) title only to say...

"And I will make them pay for what they've done!" LoL
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Mods do have it rough (I know, I am one, but for a different game entirely). All that work for not a dime in pay. Sometimes moderators have to have the attitude "today IS a good day to die..."

Bring honor to the title, good sirs, and never shame it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Posting for fun here... :p

Are you trying to hint that the Community Moderators will be assimilated by the forum trolls and then somewhere the ultimate moderator Q will be laughing...

"Quoting all of those lines of Hamlet with all of the irony they were intended to have... Evolved indeed!"

And then I'll end up posting with a blue (not purple) title only to say...

"And I will make them pay for what they've done!" LoL
Yes, I see that. And it makes me laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I suggest you check out the first couple of comments in that thread. I'm not the only one waiting for Stormshade to show back up and start ragebanning people for mentioning that other game...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I suggest you check out the first couple of comments in that thread. I'm not the only one waiting for Stormshade to show back up and start ragebanning people for mentioning that other game...
Why? The thread is 80 pages long. And guess what? Some of our own Devs have mentioned that game too:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...07#post3947007

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...82#post3947082

Are you suggesting he is going to get banned?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Why? The thread is 80 pages long. And guess what? Some of our own Devs have mentioned that game too:
And 8 weeks old :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Every time I return home from work I will log on to STO and 'patrol' Earth Starbase to see who needs assistance or game advice.

Why?

This is arguably, the only MMORPG I've seen where wholesome, proper public conversation can be held anytime.

This is also the only MMORPG I've seen where I can always rely on fellow starship captains to watch my flanks as (convenient example) I charge in to engage the Mirror Universe fleet and there is actually some semblance of everyone doing a similar 'attack pattern' to target certain enemies first.

No one is using any voice communications and no one is typing to each other in the heat of battle; it's just mutual observation and common sense piloting.

When some experienced gamers in fleets tell me voice comms are mandatory, I tell them that I see far better teamwork with -no- communication out there in public PvEs.

Now, I am looking to up the ante by looking for a roleplay-heavy fleet. I mean, we are all Starfleet, and someone out there has the talent and the right interest to run an actual fleet, who appreciates in-character acting and respects individual fleet members' privacy :3

I also note that some of the campaign missions we have will utterly frustrate the run of the mill 'casual gamer'.

You want to captain a Starfleet vessel? Learn some Trek lore first