Lt. Commander
# 1 Seeking Roleplay-centric Fleet
01-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Long story short, I wish there were more who are passionate about being 'in character' (it's Trek after all!), flying in some semblance of task force order in PvE.

So I am wondering if there are roleplay fleets around.

Most I have met so far in the game, are more interested in PvP.

Lastly, I am not interested in organisations which specify 'voice comms are mandatory', because voice comms are to me a waste of time in a roleplay situation. I can care less about level and character requirements too, because Starfleet has numerous auxiliaries to tackle routine low risk operations with. RP brings out that missing aspect of "more small ships = cover more territory = good".

Officers' conduct, interpersonal (diplomatic) skills, and teamwork can be proven in other ways - and using roleplaying to enhance it simply makes my day.

So I hope to contribute in future to the community in that respect. Not just being another of the thousands of Admirals :3
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Let me know if anything bites. Handle is in my sig.

For me I want:

1) Active forums (meaning there is at least one new post a day bare minimum).
2) Active in game during EST Prime time and later prime time
3) RP channels
4) I am up to a captain of my own ship and not this "You are nothing but a Junior officer". I've put a LOT of time into my captains, their crew, their stories and their personalities. I can draw up interaction matrices for my characters and their entire senior staff. I've even paid premiums so that if I can upgrade a BOFF from white to blue (or even purple) that I get the same gender/ race/ station combo so it's more like growth of the BOFF rather than some new recruit.

I'm not all IC all the time but it's just nice to have some kind of active RP community running outside of DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I've got a group in mind (no, they don't advertise in the other 'RP fleet wanted' thread) and they're processing my application. From the looks of them, they don't try and recruit people just because they're female. And that's good, because I hate ulterior motives.

They're prim and proper United Federation of Planets and their website shows.

But I'll leave the commentary for when diplomatic negitations are complete.

ps. I also agree that we are here in STO to captain starships and RP should be based around that premise. That is natural to the gameplay environment and intuitive to everyone. Intuitive = +10 bonus to creativity.

As for activity, not a problem, I do my gaming following US time, which means past midnight local time in Asia. Reason why I'm quitting my current Fleet is because the activity level is too low to be of any value to me. I also expect daily logs or at least, someone to write to.

That group I have in mind, does fit yours and my criteria. I also intend to contribute as part of the administration in due course, so I can iron out any issues with the existing RP systems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Sounds viable. I don't get a ton of RP in game so I'm hoping to supplement that with forum RP.

If the match works hook me up with some info and we'll go from there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Application was approved. Now, I am going to see how the 'interaction' part goes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Application was approved. Now, I am going to see how the 'interaction' part goes.
Please let us know you're thoughts. It sounds like we're looking for similar things and I would be curious as to what you discovered.

Rex
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexCelestis View Post
Please let us know you're thoughts. It sounds like we're looking for similar things and I would be curious as to what you discovered.

Rex
Replied via PM.

Long story short, in my opinion {UFP} does live up to its hype (and is the only one to meet my expectations of communications and professionalism). And their player to player conduct is exemplary.