Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello there,

I was wondering and after some hours research I wasnít able to find my answer so hey why not post on the forum! My apologizes if Iím miss placing my post.

Now for my question:
For example i make a new federation character and level till im max rank.
I know itís possible to unlock the Klingon at lvl25 and what Iíve read is that you can transfer your fed level to Klingon. So you will start out with a lvl25 Klingon. But what if Iím lvl50? And then create a Klingon? Will it be lvl50?

*My bonus question
Iím trying to get the Klingon carrier, but will It be possible for me to travel through fed blocks? And visit systems? So I can pay a visit to my fed friendsÖ. And compare ship seizes.

Many thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2012, 06:11 AM
You get the abaility to unlock a KDF toon at lvl 25 though that new toon starts at Lvl 21 only.

You can go into the fed zones if your maurauding is high enough to allow it, I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
You get the abaility to unlock a KDF toon at lvl 25 though that new toon starts at Lvl 21 only.

You can go into the fed zones if your maurauding is high enough to allow it, I think.
Thanks for the quick response,
Well 21 wouldnít be that bad. Would you recommend to level so I can unlock the carrier? Or isnít it worth it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryShao
Thanks for the quick response,
Well 21 wouldnít be that bad. Would you recommend to level so I can unlock the carrier? Or isnít it worth it?
Well, there are up sides and downsides to the Klingon Faction right now... First, the LARGEST downside is lack of content. The red faction has almost nothing to do and makes leveling a chore. A long tedious and mostly boring chore. You have to be dedicated to playing as a Klingon to not loose interest, so if you only want to show off to some of your Federation friends from time to time it may not suit you to go through the trouble.

The upside to the KDF are the players. Honestly for the long time I've been playing, I have not found any more helpful and talkative players than those who play in the KDF. I'm not ashamed to admit, but I find myself enjoying the KDF side more than the Fed side because of the other players. My fleet that I took over from it's original owner has over a hundred members, at least 50 of which are active. Guess how many talk? None. For the month's I've been running it I have yet to get a response from any of the members. I've been considering booting the lot of em and starting over, but I'm not the only one running the fleet...

But back to the KDF!
It just comes down to what you like and how far you are willing to go. Do you want a ton of fun and entertaining content to do alone or with others? If yes, join the Fed side. Do you feel you have the patience and commitment to grind painfully through the lackluster and sparse content that is the KDF? If yes and ONLY if yes then you should join the Klingon faction.

Yup,
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Well first of all thanks for taking your time to read and answer,
there aint that many games with such a great community

After i was done reading your post, i came to the conclusion that im willing to try the klingon side. Because i don't really mind grinding and taking a long time to achieve something i really like.
Because i think the rewards at the end will be worth it!

Even tho i sound sure about my plans, if i dont like it i'll just switch back

*Again" Thanks for your honest and kind comment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Since they upped the Klingon's starting level, the grind to max level really isn't as bad as it was. Its still nowhere near as fully featured as the Federation side but what missions we do have are enjoyable.

As said above, for some reason I can't figure out, players on the Klingon side just seem more helpful / willing to work together, despite the fact that many of them (myself included) also play Federation side.

Come to the red side, you'll enjoy it - we have some really cool ships...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Since they upped the Klingon's starting level, the grind to max level really isn't as bad as it was. Its still nowhere near as fully featured as the Federation side but what missions we do have are enjoyable.

As said above, for some reason I can't figure out, players on the Klingon side just seem more helpful / willing to work together, despite the fact that many of them (myself included) also play Federation side.

Come to the red side, you'll enjoy it - we have some really cool ships...
Alright! I'm joining the red side.
I always found klingons to be interesting, and yes the ships especially the carrier Its just that huge(dont get me wrong


Can't wait to make a klingon!

Thanks all for your comments and advice!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
At 50 don't Klingon's have more content then the Feds due to the Sortie missions? Also leveling to 50 is way easier and faster as a Klingon then Fed. I just leveled a science Fed and a Science KDF. At lvl 50 the Fed has 48hours play time, while the KFD science guy has 11 hours played (my KDF engineer took 7 hours to get to 50 due to a dbl XP weekend).

Another benefit with Klingons is more ship types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
At 50 don't Klingon's have more content then the Feds due to the Sortie missions? Also leveling to 50 is way easier and faster as a Klingon then Fed. I just leveled a science Fed and a Science KDF. At lvl 50 the Fed has 48hours play time, while the KFD science guy has 11 hours played (my KDF engineer took 7 hours to get to 50 due to a dbl XP weekend).

Another benefit with Klingons is more ship types.
Those sortie missions SUCK! they are possibly some of the most BORING and REPETITIVE wastes of time I've ever done. Unless there is a new or different type of sorties I don't know about, they are not something the KDF should brag or advertise...

I assume they are supposed to be counterparts to the Fed's patrol missions, but they are not nearly as fun or interesting.

But to each their own I suppose.
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
The amunt of time it takes to get a KDF to the level cap from level 21 where they start is considerably shorter the for the Feds.. Mostly because there are simply less missions, but theya ward more XP to make up for the lack.

At around level 44 your going to hit a missions gap (I understand that may be plugged shortly but as of right now it exists... for some reason the Borg/undine missions were not set in to fill that gap...maybe it was planned.. honestly I don't know) where you'll have to go do some grinding in exploration zones or go find some PvP.. Theres also mission replays, and doing the foundry missions of which there are several excellent ones on the KDF side that are series's.

Theres really no need following the arc to fly anything other then stock ships which are more then sufficient to get the job done. For over all the easiest go of it just stay in Battlecruisers. SHip specialization comes more into pay in the end game.. the the K'tinga will cruise you with the greatest of eease to Cpation, and the Vorcha will take you comfortably to General, with the Vorch refit able to take your forward from there... though of course the OP mentioned he's got a thing for carriers.. so he would be picking up a carrier for himself at general rank.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 AM.