Lt. Commander
In this week's Captain's Log entry, "Design the Next Enterprise" Winner Adam Ihle is interviewed.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Lovely stuff
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
That "interview" was pretty much a joke. Other than that the article was a copy / paste of what we knew

Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
That article isnt new its a few days old. So nothing really new unfortunatly. Because it was mentioned by nagus i think a few days ago. Your slipping Brandon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
As I replied to a similar comment on FB; my columns are posted by Massively on Saturday. If STO chooses to post a link on their site to the columns that wouldn't happen until Monday, because, you know - they have days off.

Brandon wasn't slipping.

Thanks Brandon for linking it. Have fun with Adam during the party! He's a very nice man.

t
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
That "interview" was pretty much a joke. Other than that the article was a copy / paste of what we knew

Oh well.
YOU may have known it, but there are many people who avoid coming to the forums like the plague due to the incessant negativity and rudeness that can be found here.

I wrote that for people who don't actually scour these forums for information every living minute of the day -

As for my interview - I promise to do something much more "hard-hitting" in the future. Be careful for what you ask for....

Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
YOU may have known it, but there are many people who avoid coming to the forums like the plague due to the incessant negativity and rudeness that can be found here.

I wrote that for people who don't actually scour these forums for information every living minute of the day -

As for my interview - I promise to do something much more "hard-hitting" in the future. Be careful for what you ask for....

So post a link in the forums for people to read because they don't visit the forums due to negativity. Evidently that's logic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
Be careful for what you ask for....

because those boots are made for walkin'....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
So post a link in the forums for people to read because they don't visit the forums due to negativity. Evidently that's logic.
I didn't say *I* didn't come here. But there are those who read Massively who do not come here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2012, 09:47 AM
GAME-OF-CHANCE?

NO NO NOOooooo!

Here is what they gonna do. They gonna make a box and put a few items in it one of each will be a super-rare ship. You will have to buy a box for Cryptic points. After you right click the box it will run random generated algorithm and based on "LUCK" you will have a chance to win the ship. The problem here is that they can actually put a rate on each item which decreases your luck for most desirable item for so much. So you'll be spending 100s of dollars to get some stupid ship or armor, or fix, whatever.

Thats what happens when Perfect World Entertainment acquires the western game developer. Maybe this is not going to be EXACTLY like that box, but something very close to random chance with drop rate on desirable item. "ULTRA-RARE" will mean also "ULTRA EXPENSIVE", that is if you want to buy boxes with your cash instead of running endless normal/elite missions.

Gamble boxes are the WORST system in Asian F2Ps. PWE has those boxes in every game they have developed.

Quote:
Rivera was bluntly honest about the grab bags that were introduced in the game last December. Simply put: Yes, they were a hit, and no, they will not be going away...
Rivera was also adamant that the revenue generated by the grab bags will allow the team to put more time and money into hiring and development of more featured content that is necessary to keep players interested in the game.
You guys can expect all kinds of variations of these boxes now. And in time they will be getting worse and worse while chance getting anything good will be lowered more and more to generate even "better revenue". I hear legions of life subscribers coming to forums soon and complain how greedy and unfair to them Cryptic has become...