Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Team timeout on STFs?
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Ran into something odd over the past couple days, and I don't know if it's intentional or not.

KA Ground- Have two people wuss out and drop before the IMR chamber; the three survivors push on, but are spontaneously de-teamed after a while. We weren't booted from the instance; we just coordinated through Zone and finished the STF.

Infected Space- Due to various factors (mostly us just having fun rather than running in earnest) we take about an hour all-told to finish. We were all de-teamed at some point, want to say about a third of the way through? Same as before, no focrible kick from the instance, just inconvenience.

Two things in common to both: we were taking much longer than normal (for various reasons), and in both cases it was a mixed Fed/KDF team. The latter prevented us from simply re-teaming, yielding the usual "cannot team cross-faction" error.

So the question is, does the game automatically disband teams after an extended period, or is this some weird quirk we've found?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
This has been a more or less constant issue for me since the last patch went live. I think out of maybe 12-15 STFs I've been on, only maybe two of them didn't have team drop out, and those were both quickie space missions.

It's getting annoying to the point I'm conisdering not doing PVE until it's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
I am moving this into the Bugs section, but I know QA is aware of it and is investigating. If you have any details surrounding what any of the team was doing at the time of disbanding, please post them here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2012, 05:50 AM
i've done plenty of Elite STF's ground and space and it is happening on all Maps.
In private matches and open queue teaming.

The worst thing that happened yet was that teaming dropped right before the optional objective's loot, i've taken the loot and there was no Need or Greed process, because i wasn't on a team any longer.

The other guys were a bit angry about that

Anyway... the team drops after a while completely random for no apparent reason.

It doesn't matter if you are teamed up before launching a private STF or not, it always drops after a while.

The real problem about it is that we often have mixed FED+KDF teams and therefore can not manually team up again. (i really don't know why the game is so racist about FED+KDF teaming, we can't team up in Red Alerts, i can't have KDF players in my FED fleet, so my KDF alts will never be able to share loot through the Fleetbank with my FED's...)

I really would wish FED+KDF open teaming was allowed, i see no gameplay reason why it should be forbidden.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Wasn't sure if this was a bug or a feature, hence my original placement in the PvE forum. Apologies.

I would assume it's a time issue, given that both of my brushes with this involved far longer-than-normal runs. I'll keep an eye out during tonight's runs and see if it plays out.