Lt. Commander
Hi,

When I access the duty officer screen, I get the message "You don't have enough assignment points" against every assignment, both shipboard and sector. I been through loads of sectors, and lots of refreshes of the shipboard list, always the same. I did have assignments available - I think I've completed about 26 of them - but now I can't do any.

Do you have to buy assignment points? Or is there some magic method to acquiring them other than by doing assignments, which I obviously can't!

'Hawk
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 06:37 AM
You can only have 20 active duty officer missions (equaling with 20 assignment points; some stuff like sickbay isn't counted). Therefore you need to turn the completed assignments in, in order to get the rewards and also to free up the assignment points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 06:42 AM
1) Once a mission is completed make sure that you go into the "Completed" tab to finalize the mission and recieve your rewards.
2) Missions are repeatable, but they may be on different timers depending on their rarity.
3) DOFF missions tend to be unavailable when you are in an active mission.
4) Some missions can only be found in certain systems or even locations in those systems.
5) Assignment points seem to vary; sometimes they seem to correlate to your level while other times they do not (this may be a glitch.) For example: My 14th level Engineer most often seemed limited to about 12 missions but occasionally I had 23. I still haven't figured it out.
6) Sometimes, simply logging out or travelling to a new zone or instance will shake the missions loose.

[Note that this a stock answer]
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much! I hadn't acknowledged/collected them, that was the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear it. Enjoy sending your minions... er, junior officers... to certain doom.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychodemus
5) Assignment points seem to vary; sometimes they seem to correlate to your level while other times they do not (this may be a glitch.) For example: My 14th level Engineer most often seemed limited to about 12 missions but occasionally I had 23. I still haven't figured it out.
20 missions and as Schneemann pointed out sick bay doesn't count. If your engineer was limited to 12 missions it's mostly due to a lack of qualified DOffs - not because of the assignment points. There are tool tips for unaccessible missions that are pretty good at explaining exactly why the mission can't be started.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f(t)
20 missions and as Schneemann pointed out sick bay doesn't count. If your engineer was limited to 12 missions it's mostly due to a lack of qualified DOffs - not because of the assignment points. There are tool tips for unaccessible missions that are pretty good at explaining exactly why the mission can't be started.
Yes, I am aware of the stated limit (And in my engineer's case, the 23 was due to 3 recruitment missions.). I am also aware of the pop-ups and such. My statement was for the benefit of the OP (and as a canned response) so that they could understand the myriad reasons why they sometimes cannot get any missions.

The truth of the matter is that some people (myself included with certain characters, but not all) are experiencing bugs where the DOFF screen says you don't have enough points even though you clearly do. (For that matter, they also sometimes say you don't have qualified DOFFs when you do (and you also have enough AP and the requisite items.))

Now, I must send my bartender out to survey a nebula.

Safe travels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Now, I must send my bartender out to survey a nebula.

Safe travels.
He'll come back with a special item - Trifid Martini

Stirred, not shaken, if you please.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I am aware of the stated limit (And in my engineer's case, the 23 was due to 3 recruitment missions.). I am also aware of the pop-ups and such. My statement was for the benefit of the OP (and as a canned response) so that they could understand the myriad reasons why they sometimes cannot get any missions.

The truth of the matter is that some people (myself included with certain characters, but not all) are experiencing bugs where the DOFF screen says you don't have enough points even though you clearly do. (For that matter, they also sometimes say you don't have qualified DOFFs when you do (and you also have enough AP and the requisite items.))
You might want to clearly state in your first post (or in general) if you are describing a bug and not a feature. Otherwise people might think of this being intentional and live with it instead of submitting a bug report to help the devs to track the issue down.

Quote:
6) Sometimes, simply logging out or travelling to a new zone or instance will shake the missions loose.
New instance is the important point. Currently the missions tend to differ between different instances. For example Delta Volanis #3 might contain the support mission you're looking for, while Delta Volanis #15 offer you a different set of missions - possible without the one your searching for.

The ingame channel DOFFJOBS might help you to find out about if special missions are currently available.