Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,

I am writing to you in defense of the poor souls of the Federation players who are being bullied by the Klingon players in the max rank, level 50, version of the Space War Zone Kerírat System.

I hereby put before you the proposition of closing off the Kerírat War Zone to Klingon warriors. The reasons are as fallows.

1 Ė The Golden Rule
The foremost reason to close it to Klingons is because it is right. I, a long time ago, as a new Vice Admiral, did the ďWar Zone of Klingon RavagersĒ mission to get my daily Emblems. After only 3 days of it I had enough and stopped doing the mission. I was attacked by Klingon players brutally, without mercy. The title is well said, but it is cruel for you to allow this type of bullying. I have personally witnessed the Klingons throw huge insults at Federation personnel. Yes the Federation players do too, but the bitterness at Klingons is only made a rock solid reality in that system. I myself decided for months that I wanted no Klingon character because of the wretched attitudes of its warriors. The insults to the Klingon players are well deserved in there for their bullying, and it is bullying, because they run away if you get the upper hand. Yet they will send three of their guys on you just after you start attacking a Borg Cube. You are dead before you can turn your camera around to see who is shooting you.

If you all at Cryptic, and Perfect World for that matter, let this go on, then in the spirit of the Golden Rule, you cannot yourselves complain if you yourselves are bullied.

2 Ė The Precedent
Reason number 2 is that you already have a fair example to close it off. The Klingons have the NíVak System in their own home of the Omega Leonis Sector Block. First off, this sector block is closed to all but Diplomatic Rank 4 players, the Federation Ambassadors in other words. I have personally checked on this to make sure I was right just before writing this up. Diplomatic Federation players do not even have access to the NíVak Space War Zone. They can only use Kerírat. I do not want you to open NíVak up, because the same brutality the Klingons use in Kerírat would happen in NíVak, and you need to work even harder to get to that system. Let the Klingons keep NíVak, and give the Federation the same freedom in Kerírat. Keep the War Zone factions separate, please. It is only fair.

3 Ė Star Trek Authenticity
Let me ask you something; is a Klingon bully even how the last 50 years of Star Trek has portrayed them? In TOS I do know they were not fully what TNG has made them, but TNG is there, and we know what Klingons see as important: honor. Is it honorable to stab in the back? No, and that is what they are doing. You try to complete the mission objectives and as you are busy fighting to keep yourself in the green against the Borg, they come in and shoot you to pieces. That is no different than having a person walk up behind you as youíre doing your job and put a knife in your spine. This is not the Klingon way to fight, they fight you to your face for it is the honorable way. Also, is it honorable to turn tail and run? No, and that is also done by the Klingon players. They will take you on 3-on-1 and win in seconds often, but if it is even just a 1-on-1 and you are getting the advantage, they skedaddle as fast as their engines can carry them. A true Klingon would rather die in battle than be a coward and live with the shame. Reason 3 is that you created STO to be an authentic Star Trek game. Now it is your job to be sure the players live up to their rolls. The Klingons had their chance in Kerírat, they abused it, time to have that privilege taken away. Doing this would bring honor to Gene Roddenberry and his successors, of which you are the current.

4 Ė The Profit
If for no other reason, this reason, number 4, should be why you change Kerírat into a solo Federation War Zone. I listened to the 3-hour UGC interview with CaptainGeko, announced on the official website on 01-18-2012. I know all the work you guys have been doing, are doing, and will be doing. But I also remember you telling why you had to do so much to get the game ready for the Free-to-Play launch. That being if you make the Silver Players mad for any reason they could leave the game, I mean they paid nothing to play, it is nothing to take their time to another free MMO. You said this right in the interview, I am not making it up. Well, now imagine you are a new level 50 VA, you are excited with all the new Dilithium dailies. You accept the Space War Zone, and you go in, and all is going okayÖ then a Klingon BoP decloaks and fires everything they have at you. Your ship is shot to pieces with your RA level gear. You try again and again, but every time you are destroyed. You decide STO has a bunch of cruel people on it (and theyíd be right). So you leave STO once and for all, never to play again.

If this is the reason that sways you into banning Klingons from the Kerírat System, I will be disappointed in you, as it means you are looking at your wallets only. But even so, if you do it for this reason, at least that greed will do something honestly good for the well-being of your customers. Besides, I recall long ago in one of the ďAsk CrypticĒ logs reading about you wanting to scrap Kerírat because it doesnít work right. No need to scrap it completely, just keep Klingons out.

Conclusion
So please, I beseech you to listen to my plea, and the cries of all those being bullied, and make Kerírat the Federation exclusive Space War Zone. Thank you for reading.

Ambassador Noah Jothan

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM
This is a post that chases the cotton mouse.
Its a PvP zone open to all of teh proper level and as such you assume risk of attack and death if you enter it.

I applaud your real world faith though and find it a refreshing change to the modern inclination to a lack of faith in the public eye.

As well you may find this website interesting http://clancmsf.tripod.com/KlingonsForChrist.html
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 07:57 AM
I think that you are being somewhat one-sided? I have been hammered-on plenty by teams of 4-5 Feds in Kerrat. Plenty.

The best solution would be a simply warning during the mission pickup that they are entering a PvP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Laughable
01-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Greetings,

I wonder if you realize that others do not live under the same set of principles as you, and that your principles are not universally applicable in any case.

I will leave you with this, before this thread is closed, delete and laughed at.

"The meek shall inherit the Earth (Sol III), but the Bold shall inherit the Stars!"

Yours in Victory is Honor Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 08:09 AM
To the op. I feel so bad for you. You have just been made every kdf players number 1 target. If I were you I would get a new account and start over! But good fight either way. Now on to my kdf toon. ;0
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Really? The tone of this post seems almost troll like but Ill take it seriously:

The point of Kerrat is Fed versus Klingon combat in an open environment, this means the occaisonal spawn camping and 5v1s etcetc. The borg part of it keep people coming in, honestly if the borg weren't there, as hardcore as some kerraters might be, the already low pvp population of kerrat would diminish serverely.

Also using Religion to back up a point in an mmo, a multinational environment is like using chocolate to make a warp engine.

Problems with Kerrat: (I think)

1}.Zone cap limit: With f2p there does seem to be more players but often the vice admirals are split into too many zones to enjoy it, most zones I go to its 4 feds or so and one klingon or somesuch what is the zone limit? Could do with revising.

2}. Lowbie killing: At the moment you can switch zones as a vice admiral and go killing -38s etcetc this is a bit stupid and will only put off those lowbies coming back to kerrat in the long term and doing pvp/playing sto altogether.

3}. The one thing I seem to agree with is some players attitude, whilst I never care about swearing and the odd banter some players consistantly seem to be in kerrat not to play but to aggrivate other. Maybe some type of moderation could be employed to watch over kerrat.

*puts on flame retardant coat* I'm ready.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2012, 08:13 AM
If you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen (and go play dress-up on ESD)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Didn't I see a thread in some forum yesterday by a new klink player whining about fed spawn camping? The pain in kerrat goes both ways.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
This is a troll thread... duh. Baby is throwing the dolly outta the pram because he got his whittle ship all blown to bits in a "war"zone
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I think there is somewhat of a point with the Klingons having their own version, thus making it KDF vs KDF. While I seriously doubt you can put in, cannon wise, an actual system for Fed only to compete against each other for Borg Tech, there could be a version of this Fed vs Fed through a wargame of sorts via the holodeck say at Starfleet Academy. Walk in, beam into a virtual Borg Warzone with a Red and Blue Squadran.

It's just a thought.
Closed Thread