Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothan
Dear Cryptic,

I am writing to you in defense of the poor souls of the Federation players who are being bullied by the Klingon players in the max rank, level 50, version of the Space War Zone Kerírat System.

I hereby put before you the proposition of closing off the Kerírat War Zone to Klingon warriors. The reasons are as fallows.

1 Ė The Golden Rule
The foremost reason to close it to Klingons is because it is right. I, a long time ago, as a new Vice Admiral, did the ďWar Zone of Klingon RavagersĒ mission to get my daily Emblems. After only 3 days of it I had enough and stopped doing the mission. I was attacked by Klingon players brutally, without mercy. The title is well said, but it is cruel for you to allow this type of bullying. I have personally witnessed the Klingons throw huge insults at Federation personnel. Yes the Federation players do too, but the bitterness at Klingons is only made a rock solid reality in that system. I myself decided for months that I wanted no Klingon character because of the wretched attitudes of its warriors. The insults to the Klingon players are well deserved in there for their bullying, and it is bullying, because they run away if you get the upper hand. Yet they will send three of their guys on you just after you start attacking a Borg Cube. You are dead before you can turn your camera around to see who is shooting you.

If you all at Cryptic, and Perfect World for that matter, let this go on, then in the spirit of the Golden Rule, you cannot yourselves complain if you yourselves are bullied.


2 Ė The Precedent
Reason number 2 is that you already have a fair example to close it off. The Klingons have the NíVak System in their own home of the Omega Leonis Sector Block. First off, this sector block is closed to all but Diplomatic Rank 4 players, the Federation Ambassadors in other words. I have personally checked on this to make sure I was right just before writing this up. Diplomatic Federation players do not even have access to the NíVak Space War Zone. They can only use Kerírat. I do not want you to open NíVak up, because the same brutality the Klingons use in Kerírat would happen in NíVak, and you need to work even harder to get to that system. Let the Klingons keep NíVak, and give the Federation the same freedom in Kerírat. Keep the War Zone factions separate, please. It is only fair.

3 Ė Star Trek Authenticity
Let me ask you something; is a Klingon bully even how the last 50 years of Star Trek has portrayed them? In TOS I do know they were not fully what TNG has made them, but TNG is there, and we know what Klingons see as important: honor. Is it honorable to stab in the back? No, and that is what they are doing. You try to complete the mission objectives and as you are busy fighting to keep yourself in the green against the Borg, they come in and shoot you to pieces. That is no different than having a person walk up behind you as youíre doing your job and put a knife in your spine. This is not the Klingon way to fight, they fight you to your face for it is the honorable way. Also, is it honorable to turn tail and run? No, and that is also done by the Klingon players. They will take you on 3-on-1 and win in seconds often, but if it is even just a 1-on-1 and you are getting the advantage, they skedaddle as fast as their engines can carry them. A true Klingon would rather die in battle than be a coward and live with the shame. Reason 3 is that you created STO to be an authentic Star Trek game. Now it is your job to be sure the players live up to their rolls. The Klingons had their chance in Kerírat, they abused it, time to have that privilege taken away. Doing this would bring honor to Gene Roddenberry and his successors, of which you are the current.

4 Ė The Profit
If for no other reason, this reason, number 4, should be why you change Kerírat into a solo Federation War Zone. I listened to the 3-hour UGC interview with CaptainGeko, announced on the official website on 01-18-2012. I know all the work you guys have been doing, are doing, and will be doing. But I also remember you telling why you had to do so much to get the game ready for the Free-to-Play launch. That being if you make the Silver Players mad for any reason they could leave the game, I mean they paid nothing to play, it is nothing to take their time to another free MMO. You said this right in the interview, I am not making it up. Well, now imagine you are a new level 50 VA, you are excited with all the new Dilithium dailies. You accept the Space War Zone, and you go in, and all is going okayÖ then a Klingon BoP decloaks and fires everything they have at you. Your ship is shot to pieces with your RA level gear. You try again and again, but every time you are destroyed. You decide STO has a bunch of cruel people on it (and theyíd be right). So you leave STO once and for all, never to play again.

If this is the reason that sways you into banning Klingons from the Kerírat System, I will be disappointed in you, as it means you are looking at your wallets only. But even so, if you do it for this reason, at least that greed will do something honestly good for the well-being of your customers. Besides, I recall long ago in one of the ďAsk CrypticĒ logs reading about you wanting to scrap Kerírat because it doesnít work right. No need to scrap it completely, just keep Klingons out.

Conclusion
So please, I beseech you to listen to my plea, and the cries of all those being bullied, and make Kerírat the Federation exclusive Space War Zone. Thank you for reading.



Ambassador Noah Jothan


This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Quit your *****ing feddie and go earn me some dilithium

On a more serious note please consider the following...
Your playing a game where voilence is not only encouraged but considered necessary to your character development. You have been happy until this point to slaughter many thousands of 'innocent' NPC characters. The difference now, is that its you getting attacked and destroyed. You are engaged in a WARZONE, with a strong PvP component. Your enemies are no longer mindless automotons but players just like you. If you do not wish to partake in this style of gameplay, then do not. Go play some PvE missions or chat to folks on DS9.
Your alligations of bullying are quite simply moot. The federation is at war with the klingons and 'shoot on sight' is the accepted policy for both sides.
Using some religious dogma to defend your opinion is also moot. Klingon (and federation) captains are not generally ingame christians. The Klingon Empire has not signed up to the Geneva conventions
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Please tell me your joking because I certainly hope that you don't believe that this will be taken seriously.

Besides of the horribly laughable logic of your points, I'm just sorry that you can't make everyone believe in what you do.

That's right, I said it. Because, after all, that's the crux of your argument. That it's not what you *believe* Trek should be, how Starfleet or Klingons should act and what you should and shouldn't be able to do. Therefore it should go away and everyone should play like I think they should.

That's the funny thing with people like you - believe in exactly what I believe or you are a bad person and must be changed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no matter how eloquent your argument is, no matter how many red-herrings or straw men or appeals to authority (either human or divine) it's not going to work.

No one is forcing you to go to Ker'rat. No one is forcing you to PvP. You can play this game forever and never have to fight another living soul.
You can come on-line and role-play your little heart out and never ever run the risk of someone breaking your little ideological bubble. You have a choice.

And if you choose to come to Ker'rat - be prepared to fight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Maybe Cryptic actually should create a Federation only version.

Treat it as a war game and award no points, no credits, no daily missions or farming opportunities. It's a simulation for training and should be treated as such (in which case maybe they could earn a small amount of exp). But then again, all FvF should be treated that way. Even KvK could go that way in the interest of fairness.

Point being, if you want credit for fighting in a War Zone you go to Ker'rat or join the FvK queues. Anything else doesn't count.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
To the OP, I offer you this challenge. Start a Klingon character, and go play in Kerrat as a Klingon for a while.


As someone who plays both sides, I can tell you that the harsh statements and horrible attitudes are present on both sides, and perpetuated by both. I have decloaked, helped someone on the opposite side defeat a Borg cube, and turned away without firing on them, only to have them shoot me from behind. Why? Because it's expected. It's a warzone where if it's red (or yellow) it dies. that's the whole point of a warzone...



However, I will agree with you that the taunts, the namecalling, the assumption that the opposite side is <insert insult here>, should stop. I've gone into Kerrat as a Federation player, and been attacked by Klingons and helped by other Feds. I've gone into Kerrat as a Klingon, and been helped and congratulated by those same Klingons, and been made fun of by the same Feds. It's just... sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashenfox
Klingons killed their gods, yet they victimise you. Where is your god? Go figure.
Well, attacking his faith was uncalled for and is as useful as his opening post. Not to mention such an attack has no place in STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well, attacking his faith was uncalled for and is as useful as his opening post. Not to mention such an attack has no place in STO.
QFT
10 chars
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Maybe Cryptic actually should create a Federation only version.

Treat it as a war game and award no points, no credits, no daily missions or farming opportunities. It's a simulation for training and should be treated as such (in which case maybe they could earn a small amount of exp). But then again, all FvF should be treated that way. Even KvK could go that way in the interest of fairness.

.
In fairness I would agree that KvK should go that way if the feds get thier own Ker'rat zone, though Klingon canon does support that houses fight each other for many things and such is expected and tolerated everywhere except in the First city.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post

Point being, if you want credit for fighting in a War Zone you go to Ker'rat or join the FvK queues. Anything else doesn't count.

The problem with that is there aren't enough Klingon players, nor does it look like there ever will be.

For example, lets say theres 20% klingons at the moment, and only kvf events give credit, this leaves 80% federation. So out of that federation even if 50% of it queues for kvf a big proportion of players wont get their credit as the sides aren't balanced population-wise. And in kerrat you'll always have more feds than klinks which makes it unfair on the klink side.

A compromise needs to be made for the populations just like in the STFs. Canon? What canon we respawn out of thin air after 10 secs anyway.

As some americans say: "thats my 2 cents" (right?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I normally do not do PvP. I took my Klingon BoP to Ker'rat one day. I wasn't really paying much attention to what I was doing. The instant I appeared I was immediately set upon by a bunch of Fed ships. I think I lasted about ten seconds.

So, I respawned. Rinse and repeat. I saw all the borg cubes and stations and for some reason I thought it was going to be a Fed and Klingon vs the Borg zone.

Nope.

When I respawned there was only one Fed guy, who attacked me as soon as I spawned. We fought. He died. Glory to the Empire!

Sure, spawn camping isn't 'fair' and it doesn't make for a fun PvP experience when you die so fast. Both sides do it. Personally, I think all PvP zones should have safe spawn areas. But until they make that change, if you don't like it, don't go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-31-2012, 09:10 AM
The Spawncamping is lame. Equip an engine battery & a Boff with PH, hit evasive & your engine bat immediately when spawning in, using PH if you get tractored, & 95% of the time you'll get away long enough to cloak.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM.