Lt. Commander
# 1 The Nebula Class
01-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Just some short and simple Questions:
- Will it be possible to use all Galaxy Class Ship parts (Envoy, Celestial, Venture) on the Nebula too?
- Has anyone considered the use of the Heavy Cruiser (Tier 3) ship parts to be usable for the Nebula too (which would be really cool )?

I am a very big fan of Universal BO Stations, so the nebula could be a very good ship. Especially since it hasn't such a low turn rate like a galaxy class.
The only thing that keep me from using that ship is it looks. I know some may like it, but i don't.
Actually i find i really ugly, to be honest.
I think that the nacelles and the engineering hull need to be a bit more seperated from the saucer.

What do you guys think, would you use (buy) the Nebula (more) if there where more options to make it look better?
What else could be done to make it look less like a bad Galaxy class kitbash?

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Unfortunately, you'll not see either done for the Nebula. And the Heavy Cruiser (Cheyenne, Dakota, Stargazer) is a totally different model, so that's not happening either. The T3 Nebula has nothing to customize just like the T3 Excelsior. The Tier 5 Nebula has the Monarch (Which is actually kinda neat).

What would be neat though is if an updated Nebula (Like the Monarch Nebula variant) were to be made and those parts can be used on the T3 and T5.

But then I'm among a few people hoping for ships like the Ambassador Class and the old Constellation Class starships can be rolled out. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
The Magellan Variant of the T5 nebula is rather cool IMO. I personally love that look, even if I doubt I'd be able to get extra cryptic points to spend on one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
A Venture-skinned Nebula would be gorgeous I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually, giving it that 'Venturized' look as they have with the Gal-R, Gal-X, Bellerophon, Sao Paulo and Thunderchild. Here's hoping they make it to the Sovereign too..
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I'd settle for the "Farragut" variant which had this secondary hull: Nebula-class First Contact.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier
The Magellan Variant of the T5 nebula is rather cool IMO. I personally love that look, even if I doubt I'd be able to get extra cryptic points to spend on one.
Magellan.. That's the name. I just remember it as the Monarch because it's how it first turned up for the Galaxy-R. And yeah. Venture Refit for the Nebula I think would be awesome! I hope CapnLogan gets a chance to take a crack at it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitherow
And yeah. Venture Refit for the Nebula I think would be awesome! I hope CapnLogan gets a chance to take a crack at it.
I use the Nebula on my main but I will buy the Venture pack just for that skin on the Neby. Who knows.. maybe some day.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I would like to see ALL the galaxy parts usable for both nebulas. Also, I would like to see the U.S.S. Phoenix upper pod vairent from "The Wounded" (TNG).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I'd settle for the "Farragut" variant which had this secondary hull: Nebula-class First Contact.
It's not just the appearance of the Farragut.
Actually all non-CGI Nebulas had this hull-design.

USS Phoenix, the first Nebula class seen from TNG: "The Wounded"

USS Sutherland from TNG: "Redemption"

USS Prometheus from DS9: "Second Sight"

For some reason for later DS9 and Voyager episodes they decided to use a Galaxy-style hull/deflector design...my guess is they could recylcle parts of the Galaxy CGI model.

CGI Nebula from DS9: "The Changing Face of Evil"

CGI Nebula from Voyager: "Message In a Bottle"

There is some indication in soft-canon that the Nebula class was in production before the Galaxy class was ready.
So my theory is the first appearance might possibly be some kind of "block 1" design while the later appearance might be "block 2" and this change was done to ease production since the deflector of both the later Nebulas and the Galaxys would be the same.
As a result Starfleet would only have to produce one type of deflector (and spare parts) for two ships.

[Of course there's also the remote (and totally theroetical) possibility that the original USS Galaxy used the same deflector design as the first Nebulas do.
It wouldn't be the first time the prototype of a new class of ships looked different from the production series and was changed because a different solution was more practical.
Based on that theory the design with the "bulge" was the forerunner of the deflector used on the later Nebula and Galaxy models.
But that is actually just complete speculation on my part.
Would however look interesting IMO. ]

Anyway I agree the original Nebula lower hull design is missing and missed, just like the actual sensor pod from "The Wounded"
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2012, 03:06 AM
As was posted in the thread, I would *love* a Venture style skin for the Nebula.