Lt. Commander
This is a pretty annoying one, since I can't figure out why it's turned on or, by extension, how to shut it off.

Basically, with my new character, when I change the colour of one part of a piece of my uniform (say change the torso of the DS9 outfit to a dark green), another part (trousers in this case) automatically changes to match. I don't get this problem on my VA captain, or on any of either of their bridge officers.

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber, so have full game access.

What do I need to turn off to allow me to alter one part of my uniform without mucking up anything else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
It's not a subscription thing or something you can disable. Simply put, it's an error in some of the costume parts. Like Orions have this bad last I checked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Only some? It seems like it's on every costume piece I try to put on the character. And, again, it's only present on my captain, not his Bridge Officers, or my older captain and his crew.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Well, purely talking from my experience. I've encountered that on my orion bridge officers sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 02:25 AM
There's supposedly some workaround that I keep forgetting about.

Just like when the Ship registry numbers mess sup in the ship tailor and selecting a complete 'prebuilt' costume fixes that, supposedly selecting one of the 'prebuilt' uniforms 'fixes' the color matching bug.

Select one of the preset uniforms, then you can select whatever you actually want and the colors should no longer be linked. That's what I've read, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6 The workaround
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I've encountered this issue a few times. It's a known issue, and the workaround seems to be to hit "Random" a few times on the uniform screen, which seems to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge View Post
I've encountered this issue a few times. It's a known issue, and the workaround seems to be to hit "Random" a few times on the uniform screen, which seems to fix it.
I'll need to try this when I get home. I've had the issue on almost all of my Klingon bridge officers.