Lt. Commander
# 1 excelsior console
01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
To sum up what we have so far:

This post is about Excelsior (T5), not the T3 Advance Heavy cruiser.
This post is about Excelsior's console called "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil", and it is different from "Transwarp Drive Coil" (Advance Heavy cruiser's console). They are totally different item, one add 7.6 to engine/shield/energy weapon/aux performance. The later one add 20 to warp core eff.

Under Ship and Shuttle Requistion NPC page:
It show Excelsior come with an "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil Console", but if you purchase it, it doesn't come with the console, even you try to discard the ship and try to reclaim it again thru c-store, there is still no console.

Under C-store page(upper right corner below minimap):
It show Excelsior come with an ability call "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil", and it let you have the transwarp ability WITH a PASSIVE BONUS of + engine/energy weapon/shield/aux scaling with your level. I tested it, it does come with the ability to transwarp to other places BUT the passive bonus ISN'T there.

So, if the Ship and Shuttle requistion NPC page is correct, then the ship is missing a console that give you the stats bonus. On the other hands, if the c-store page is correct, then the passive bonus or the ability it describe isn't working at all. OR you have Mr. Cryptic just trick you for spending $20 buying a false advertisement.

Note:

Advanced Heavy Cruiser – Excelsior
•Transwarp is now a Transwarp Drive Coil Console.
•Console grants Transwarp plus a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Auxiliary Efficiency Stat.
•Added Tactical Console Slot.
•Upgraded Ensign Engineering Bridge Officer slot to a Lt Engineering Bridge Officer Slot.

This is directly copy from the Dec. 1 2011 Release note, and there is no update after that regarding this ship or console, therefore it is safe to assume that the above update is the most current and it should be what the ship has to offer at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillson18 View Post
So, i never fly a excelsior before and today I decide to give it a try after I get bored flying my MVAE and DN. So I went to the c-store and purchased the excelsior retro. But it DOESN'T come with the Console. And I ask around and people told me only the nomal excelsior come with the console, on the other hand, the retro doesn't. Ok, cryptic, wtf is that. If you going to do something like that please at least indicate on the ship descirbsion. Under the ingame c-store page, it doesn't state there is different between the retro/non-retro version. Once again, thx for ****ing me up and stealing my $20 bucks.
The T5 excelsior does not have the transwarp console because the ship has the transwarp built in
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red123
The T5 excelsior does not have the transwarp console because the ship has the transwarp built in
Does it has all the stats build-in as well? If not, why under c-store it said "The Advanced Transwarp ability offer constant passive bonus to energy, weapon, shield and aux performance" I remember there used to be an universal console that has all that, so where did that console go now?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
I am curious about this as well, are those passives there for the T5?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
The following is my ingame support ticket:

Description:

Hello i purchased the Excelsior Cruiser Retrofit before the "Advanced Transwarp Drive Ability" was added. Ive always been able to warp to multiple places with this ship however ive heard there was a console added? This console supposedly gives you increased "Energy Performance" for shield , energy weapon , auxilary and engine performance. I however dont have the console! is this just a passive buff and doesn't require a console? Keep in mind im refering to the excelsior cruiser retrofit and not the advanced heavy cruiser.

Customer Service Response
Hello!

To get this upgrade if it is not applied automatically , all you need to do is confrim in the c store you will be able to pick up a new of these if you drop your old one , and then rebuy it from the legacy tab. Your new Exclesior should be up to date on upgrades.

Now im not sure if I used the fed ship tab or legacy tab to repurchase but I didn't get the console.

Just tried it again still no console.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
I am curious about this as well, are those passives there for the T5?
Now I am being told with different story. Some ppl said if you buy the normal excelsior (still 1600 CP), it will come with the Advanced transwarp driver coil console (the universal console + stats), if you buy the excelsior retro. (1600 CP as well and that's the one i brought) it won't come with it. On the other hands, there are some ppl telling me the current excelsior just doesn't have the console at all.

If you look at the c-store page (the one below your mini-map), the excelsior page said the ship come with "Advanced Transwarp Drive ABILITY" (which it does, i do have build in transwarp ability on my excelsior-retro) and under the ship detail it said "The advanced transwarp drive ability provide passive bonus to blah blah blah".

BUT here comes the funny part, if you go to your normal ship and shuttle requistion NPC, under that excelsior page it said the ship come with "Advanced Transwarp driver CONSOLE", it didn't mention anything about the bonus (in most cast that usually means the bonus is on the console)

Great job there cryptic, got to love that same ship with different describsion ****.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_B

Description:

Hello i purchased the Excelsior Cruiser Retrofit before the "Advanced Transwarp Drive Ability" was added. Ive always been able to warp to multiple places with this ship however ive heard there was a console added? This console supposedly gives you increased "Energy Performance" for shield , energy weapon , auxilary and engine performance. I however dont have the console! is this just a passive buff and doesn't require a console? Keep in mind im refering to the excelsior cruiser retrofit and not the advanced heavy cruiser.

Hello!

To get this upgrade if it is not applied automatically , all you need to do is confrim in the c store you will be able to pick up a new of these if you drop your old one , and then rebuy it from the legacy tab. Your new Exclesior should be up to date on upgrades.

Now im not sure if I used the fed ship tab or legacy tab to repurchase but I didn't get the console.

I am not sure if i am reading this right, so the customer service is saying if you DISCARD the current excelsior you have, and you can re-pick it up in the c-store under legacy unlock? And by the way for my case, I brought the excelsior today, so it is definitly not "before the patch" crap, and they still don't have the console? I am just plain confused now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah, they tested putting the transwarp abilities into a console that also boosted the energy levels a bit, but it was very badly received since people were already used to built-in transwarps and had no use for slightly higher energy levels that cost them a console slot. Seems that some of the description wasn't remove. Anyway, unless you wanted the console to put it on another ship to get the transwarps you still got an awesome, nimble (for a cruiser) ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Yeah, they tested putting the transwarp abilities into a console that also boosted the energy levels a bit, but it was very badly received since people were already used to built-in transwarps and had no use for slightly higher energy levels that cost them a console slot. Seems that some of the description wasn't remove. Anyway, unless you wanted the console to put it on another ship to get the transwarps you still got an awesome, nimble (for a cruiser) ship.
TBH, i get the ship because the console, and without the console i will not consider getting that ship at all. So it is 100% comfirm that there is no longer such console as "Console - Universal - Advanced transwarp Drive coil"???

And one thing I want to correct you, if my memory is correct, that console is a unique console for excelsior, which means it can only fit on an excelsior not anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_B

Description:

Hello!

I just tried discard and re-claim the ship in c-store, and same as you, no console. When was that ticket filed by the way, is it recent?
Closed Thread