Lt. Commander
At first i tried to download the client from the official website and install the game that way but when i run the client i just receive an error message saying i am not connected to the internet; even though i am. So when this didn't work i installed the game from the disc that i had purchased a couple of months back. Still no luck. I just receive a message saying the updater is trying to patch itself. It tries to reconnect a number of times and then says that it is unable to update. I can't get the game running no matter what i do and it's becoming slightly frustrated... Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Anthony.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Pando might be causing you some problems:

Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4042
Lt. Commander
# 3 Same Thing
01-31-2012, 05:21 PM
I am having this same problem today after the patch. I was playing fine this morning before the maintenance, and now when I try to log in I get the little patcher updating window. It tries to connect 2 times then I get a message. But sometimes I make it through that and get to the log in screen, and it won't let me in. Then sometimes I make it through -that- and it will sit there trying to contact the game patch server. And then sometimes I'll make it past that and get into the game, but as soon as I try to zone out of Delta Volanis it kicks me out to the login screen again. If you look at the page today, it seems quite a few of us are having this same problem. I think it would be a little too coincidental that we all happened to instal something that was causing this exact behavior for all of us today?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Similar Problem.

I can log all the way on and play, but if I zone I might disconnect. From there I can log back to character select, but connection times out. Then the connection to the authentication server times out, from there the website wont load. After about 5-10 minutes I can log all the way back in.

My internet is solid, and no other issues with other programs. Has been happening since patch.

Sequence:
From in game, I crash to log in screen due to time out
Can still connect enough to go to character select, but no further,
Then authentication server starts timing out, can longer reach character select
the launcher starts to fail to authenticate, launcher freezes, at this point cannot access STO website, can go to other sites on the web though,

After 5-10 mins can fully relog in again. Happening roughly once an hour to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank goodness it's not just me. Been having the same issues since the damn patch. This is not the kind of thing people want to run into when the anniversary is nearing.
Lt. Commander
# 6 The Nightmare Patch
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
this patch has broken my life. I keep getting stuck at 9.4%. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2012, 06:40 PM
This. This is exactly what's happening to me. I disabled windows firewall and I thought that had fixed it, but nope...I've done everything they said to do on all of the various posts and still no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gywidion View Post
Similar Problem.

I can log all the way on and play, but if I zone I might disconnect. From there I can log back to character select, but connection times out. Then the connection to the authentication server times out, from there the website wont load. After about 5-10 minutes I can log all the way back in.

My internet is solid, and no other issues with other programs. Has been happening since patch.

Sequence:
From in game, I crash to log in screen due to time out
Can still connect enough to go to character select, but no further,
Then authentication server starts timing out, can longer reach character select
the launcher starts to fail to authenticate, launcher freezes, at this point cannot access STO website, can go to other sites on the web though,

After 5-10 mins can fully relog in again. Happening roughly once an hour to me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, a new thing I have noticed.

If I disconnect from game server during a zone change, that character will not be able to log back in as before, without constant time outs. But I can log another in, until they have the same happen to them.

It seems to clear up after a while, though not sure of the exact amount of time. I run some STF missions on one till this happens and then move on to another until it happens to them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebstar001
This. This is exactly what's happening to me. I disabled windows firewall and I thought that had fixed it, but nope...I've done everything they said to do on all of the various posts and still no dice.
Yeah it is kind of annoying. My system is no different than it was yesterday, and I have never had any problems before today with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Did a full re-install. $TO seems to be working for now...