Cryptic also needs to sort out the library of detail objects as those that should be used for space maps are on ground/interior maps, such as the chroniton gateway and other items labeled space. I've been creating a space map and looking for the gateway and nothing, then when I was creating a ground map, there it was. Stupid.
The ability to set markes in sector space. Or allow map transitions to be triggers (Say I want the player to go to B'Tran and go to a certain spot, or just have them enter a mission map from the "You are cleared to warp to:" dialogue. Or a trigger upon entering the exploration/sector map like first contact missions.
You have all this space and all these assets and yet your selection of content for UGC is miniscule. I just bought my foundry slots and was massively underwhelmed by the selection of content.
And more events/triggers. Trigger effects, set ship damage/explosion etc. Have NPCs/enemies activate specific skills on event.
It would be great if, for the medical beds, there were an easier way to have an officer laying down in it (maybe just a toggle under "general" or something) as opposed to taking an NPC and spending a while getting them to lie down JUST right.
* I'll second the "Primitives" menu idea.
* I'd love to see "mood lighting" a la TOS, built into ceilings, perhaps as portable light sources which can be manually positioned. (I know the rich hues used in TOS were partly due to selling RCA color TV sets. But I'd still like to add ambient lighting to my maps.)
* Ability to personalize ship plaques. Give us a form which can be filled out when we select a plaque (to add to a bridge map)
* LEGO walls (snapping walls together on a map to form decks, walls, etc.)
* INCREASE map limit from 10 to (larger number).
I'll second the request for increasing the number of maps beyond just 10. The big one I'[m working on now has 8, which probably will be fine (I may need one more for a big climactic fight) unless I have to duplicate some for different scenes even though they take place in the same locale. If that happens, I'll probably have to split it into two parts unless this maximum is lifted.
Also, in the long term, it would be nice to have some 20th century* city maps made available, or else the means to make our own, for adventures that take us back in time, to planets mirroring early Earth, and so forth.
This may or may not include simple porting of Millennium City and/or Vibora Bay from Champions Online, depending on the complexity of reskinning, copyright issues, server space, and such.
*I say 20th century rather than 21st because most of Star Trek was done in the 20th century.
We could really use the TOS interiors. For that matter, we could use generic interiors for all the ships. You know, the "large" "medium" "small" interiors that we can select for our ship should be separate maps in the Foundry.
1. More objects specific for interior/ground/space (For example on ground and interiors I'd like to see shuttles, fighters and even the possibility of parking an actual ship).
2. More object rotations (turn objects upside down, etc).
3. More alien creation components (Foreheads, eyes, noses, necks, head hair, facial hair, clothes and accessories).
4. Have actual in-game characters in your library of NPCs.
5. Have an archive where we can store maps and characters and possibly share them.
I laughed my head off when I tried to create a Sol system map, and it had the original ESD in it. They should add the new one into the maps, but keep the old one as an option too. Same with the interiors.
And we need to be able to enter a map from any system in sector space - it looks like only the random, one-use systems are actually usable for this.