Lt. Commander
I have never been a big fan of Foundry creation and have only played 10 or so missions .

But what I am, is a fan of is playing story missions, in particular the Featured Episodes. The stories offered in STO are better than any other MMO on the market imo. It is unfortunate that we have had to wait so long for the next series (glad to see we are nearly there!).

Stay with me...

What I find a bit frustrating is having to search for those Foundy gems though. But I remember the Foundry web page has a 'Spotlight Missions' tab that lists some great missions created by users. It's a pity that this was not kept going. I realise there are community groups (like StarbaseUGC ) that promote missions, but it really needs the backing and active promotion of Cryptic in the way FE are managed.

Can we please revive the 'Spotlight Missions' concept as 'Weekly Foundry Feature'?

Here is what I suggest;
  • Cryptic to select a Foundry Mission each week.
  • Winning Author is awarded a large volume of Refined Dilithium
  • Cryptic could review and tweak the mission if required.
  • A suitable reward Item added for completing the the mission to the player (like FE rewards)
  • Cryptic to promote the Foundry mission like you would a FE mission.

In addition to many other benefits, it would fill the gap between the Featured Episodes and to promote great Foundry missions. Anyone else feel that Spotlight Missions should be restarted in this way?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Bump bump ....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
First, bumping is not allowed :p Second, if you were to use the search function, you will see that I have said on numerous occasions that this is something I would really like to bring back much sooner than later

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
First sorry .... second Yeah!

Thanks, looking forward to it
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't know that I'm a fan of this. If it is brought back I honestly want to see a more diamonds in the rough approach.

The devs need to find missions that have fewer than 400+ plays and try them. A mission with 500-1000+ plays really doesn't need to be "Spotlighted" and that person already has plenty of motivation and ego to continue making missions. The people that need to be spotlighted are the ones that do amazing things but aren't pimping banner ads on 1000 forum posts linked to their mission or advertising on other websites, or are otherwise forgotten/unknown.

Also, no previously spotlighted people should be eligible for spotlighting a second time. You wanna do something nice for someone that consistently makes spotlight worthy content? Offer them a job, lord knows there needs to be more content people at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
First, bumping is not allowed :p Second, if you were to use the search function, you will see that I have said on numerous occasions that this is something I would really like to bring back much sooner than later

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just FYI, our community morale folks, or whatever the title is now, have been saying this to us for a very, very long time. No results, beyond a couple of spotlight videos.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I just want to mention that this feature is part of what attracted me to STO -- not just the fact that I could make my own Missions for others to play, but that other players' best work could be featured in a way that I could quickly find and play what others have created.