To change it's flavor a bit I would:
drop the zero point console for the plasmonic leech
drop the shield emitter amplifier for a flow capacitor
use the obelisk warp core and the omni beam for the AP damage boost
This would weaken your shields a tad and lower your crit chance slightly in favor of more power and a higher non-crit damage. That said, I see no reason to change what you have unless it does not jive with your play style.
personally i'd add a EPtW1 and get 2 damage controle doffs so that you can keep both EPtW and EPtS up 100%
possible improvement would be a warpcore with [AMP], 3 subsystems will probably allways be above 75 anyway which means 10,5% more dmg (would wait for the spire version, with the weapon power drain resist)
and a plasmonic leech console instead of the armor console
pretty sure, though not certain, that projectile doffs don't work with omega torp launcher, should you have one.
doffs: 2-3 damage controle doffs, for the CD reduction of EPtx abilities. a warpcore engi that gives a chance to add power to all subsystem on activation of EPtx
Overall this is a pretty good build. I'd recommend the following:
* Field Generator instead of Shield Emitter.
* Swap the Covariant Shield to either the MACO Resilient Shield Mk XII or an Elite Fleet Resilient Shield [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt]
* I'd swap the electroceramic plating with either a Fleet Neutronium (with either +turn or +hullhp) or possibly a plasmonic leech
* Elite Fleet Warp Core with [Amp], depending on your power setup
* You might consider Polarize Hull 1, or swap THY2 for CSV1, though the latter is probably not as great a boon as it may seem.
That said, overall, even without these suggestions it seems like a solid build overall, although I'd recommend you post the DOffs so they can be examined, as well..
It's hard to go wrong flying the Fleet Defiant. I've been toying around with Aux2ID with the doff, to give it a bit more manoeuvrability and tankiness. Had to replace EPtW1 with EPtS1 though, and that's one of the reasons why I wish the ensign slot was universal on this ship.