Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
03-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eversive View Post
This is the build i'm using for Engineering Character on Tactical Odissey, it still needs work:

Weapons:
8x Phaser beam banks XII

Engine:
Borg

Deflector:
Omega

Shields:
Omega

Engineering Consoles:
Neutronium Armor XII
EPS
Assimilate Module
Chevron Separation

Science Console:
Field Generator XI (+ shield)
Flow Capacitor
Flow Capacitor

Tactical Console:
3x Phaser Relay XII

BOFFS:

Commander Engineer:
EPtW I, EPTSII, EPtS III, Extend Shields III

Lt. Comm Universal:
EPtW I, RSP1, Engineerning Team III

Lt. Science:
Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II


Lt. Tactical
FAW I, Attack Pattern Beta I

Ensign Universal:
FAW I



Hey there that looks a lot better, Especially with the right Doffs


P.S. I am myself might be going back the the Excelsior since I'm not fan of the Boff layout....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
03-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Figured I would post my current setup on here and get some / any recommendations anyone might have.

I am a Tactical Captain flying the Galaxy-X.
I am using:

Fore:
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]

Aft:
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]

Equipment:
Jem'Hadar Impulse Engines Mk XI
Positron Deflector Array Mk XI [Em] [Stl] [ShdS]
Shield Array Mk XI [Cap]x3

Devices:
Auxiliary Battery x20
Engine Battery x20
Scorpion Fighters
Subspace Field Modulator

Consoles:
Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Blue)
Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Blue) or Universal Cloaking Device.
EPS Flow Regulator MK XI (Blue)
EPS Flow Regulator MK XI (Blue)

Field Generator MK XI (Blue)
Assimilated Module

Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)
Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)
Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)

Bridge Officers:
Tac. Ens. BO1
Tac. Lt. BO1 / HYT2 (Efficient)
Eng. Lt Cmd. EPtW1 / ET2 / EPtS3
Eng. Cmd. EPtW1 / RSP1 / EPtS3 / A2SiF3
Sci. Lt. HE1 / ST2

Power Levels:
124/75 (Gah, Im missing 1!)
124/65 (Gah, Im missing 1!)
54/25
62/35

Skill Build:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=CygoneDN2_0

Duty Officers:

Development Lab Scientist (Purple) - Cooldown on Science Team by 8 seconds.
Development Lab Scientist (Purple) - Cooldown on Science Team by 8 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.

I use a macro bound to space, that fires all energy weapons, cycles the 4xEPtX and A2SiF3 on cooldown and distributes all shield power, this way my hull always has the resistance buff and its constantly topped off from the bleed damage; and my 4xEPtX are never forgotten to be used. I have found that using this, I actually have 0 need for a Tactical team to redistribute my shields as I automatically do it each time I press space (so like 10 times a seconds, hehe).

How much dps do I lose from only 124 and not 125 power in weapons? (I did post a thread on this, but no one knew the answer), link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=260794

Are there any glaring holes in my skill build?

Other questions that maybe someone can help with:
.
Because of the Duty Officers I use for Science Team (heals for 3000 per facing every 15seconds), I literally never use ET2, what would be an alternative for this slot?

Cy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
now this build isn't bad at all, a bit greedy with 2 EPtS3, i think one is missing in your description. its nice to see someone using the ltc station for engineering, its really the only viable thing to do. you shouldn't need 2 tactical teams on a beam array broad side ship, replace the 2nd TT with FAW 1 and your good. i would normally say you want HE1 and TSS 2, but seeing as you are using EPtS 3, and you don't have ET3 or A2S3, you need the extra hull heal from HE 2.
Yes, i missed to write one officer my bad, i'll fix it, regarding your toughts:

2x Tactical team: i have noticed that using 2x tac team gives me a very very high survaivability since 20 seconds every 30 seconds i have my officers moving shield power where is needed, without that i would have 10 seconds every 30 of that, in 20 seconds many things can happens and ruin your job, sadly the cooldown is shared with engineering team II making it less useful, any idea on what i could replace it with?

HE2: Yes i lack armor rep, since i have miracle worker + engineering team 2, but that's all, i don't have any other ability for repairing hull so i prefer that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
03-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eversive View Post
Yes, i missed to write one officer my bad, i'll fix it, regarding your toughts:

2x Tactical team: i have noticed that using 2x tac team gives me a very very high survaivability since 20 seconds every 30 seconds i have my officers moving shield power where is needed, without that i would have 10 seconds every 30 of that, in 20 seconds many things can happens and ruin your job, sadly the cooldown is shared with engineering team II making it less useful, any idea on what i could replace it with?

HE2: Yes i lack armor rep, since i have miracle worker + engineering team 2, but that's all, i don't have any other ability for repairing hull so i prefer that.
you only need TT when an escort is unloading on you, the rest of the time just spam the redistribute all hotkey, doing this constantly can increase your survivability by 200%, you should never die with any of your shield faceing full. like i said, for tactical TT1, FAW1, and APB1. if you do get blasted durring a tt cooldown or off guard, not having armor can result in a 1 shot before you can use any heals. heals are finite and on cooldowns, resistance is always on, and always lessening the damage you take
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Even if it's not optimal for tanking/healing tonight i have tryed a different build only for STF, since DPS is very important for completing optional objectives:

Heavy hits on single targets:

Bridge Officers:
Eng. Ens. EPtW 1
Tac. Lt. TT 1 / Beam Overload 2
Tac. Lt Cmd. TT 1 / Attack Pattern Beta 1 / Beam Overload 3
Eng. Cmd. EPtW1 / EPtS 2 / EPtS 3 / Extend Shield 3
Sci. Lt. Transfer Shield Strength 1 / Hazard Emitters 2

With this layout i find the damage against single targets to be very very intresting, critical hits of Beam Overload when Beta is active is very very good striping out cubes shield or wrecking smaller targets in no time, i like it a lot but the drop of weapon energy is not very lovely.

Heavy hits on groups (but is very difficult to focus on something when surroaded by enemies)

Bridge Officers:
Eng. Ens. EPtW 1
Tac. Lt. TT 1 / Beam Fire at Will 2
Tac. Lt Cmd. TT 1 / Beam Fire at Will 2 / Attack Pattern Beta 2
Eng. Cmd. EPtW1 / EPtS 2 / EPtS 3 / Extend Shield 3
Sci. Lt. Transfer Shield Strength 1 / Hazard Emitters 2

With this layout i noticed a very high overall DPS, very good energy management but it has a big problem, Odissey is pretty slow and for focusing on something with full DPS i need to move since everything else then my main target is at 10km+, this is very hard and when i need to drop a transformer while spheres are around make me loose a lot of dps, for covering against probes or borg bop's is very very nice the dps is lovely and very easy to use.

With +5 on shield power i reach anyway 125 shields (even if i waste a bit when under EPtS 3), the survaivability is NOT BAD at all (in Elite STF's) when i die is always due to invisible torps or burst of damage that i could not survive in any way.

I still keep the Extend Shields 3 for healing others or the Kang in Cure Space and the DPS is a LOT better, for STF's i think this build is better since healing is not so "crucial" and i keep the "dragon" layout.

Give it a try, it's not the best build ever but i can sit on my odissey without crying about going back to my Defiant due to crap damage all time..

Regarding 2x TT 1 sincerely, i always use "balance shields" on my main keybind but without the double TT 1 (that is continously applied by keybind without my direct decision) i find my tank a lot better, maybe i could live without it but i like it a lot.

I will test these build more, for PVP i will never switch the engineer lt. cmd. for tactical but for STF sadly DPS is the king.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
03-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Engineer Vice Admiral here. The Assault cruiser Dragon build has me pondering a couple things. As I really really want to be more viable then just healing in PVP (I do not want to top escorts, but I do want to be a bit more of a threat toe-to-toe too) I'm wondering if this setup will work well for an Engy. Here is what I have so far:

U.S.S. Phalanx
Fore: 1x DBB Tetryon MK XI, 1x Quantum torp MK XI, 2x BA Tetryon MK XI
Aft: 4x BA Tetryon MK XI

Engine: Jem'Hadar MK XI (have 2 borg pieces too, engine and deflector)
Deflector: Positron very rare MK XI
Shield: MACO MK XI

Engineer con: 2x EPS MK XI, 1x RCS, 1x Abalative Armor (will switch with the Neutronium)
Tac: 3x Tetryon MK XI
Science: 1x Shield emitter MK XI, 1x Shield Generator MK XI

Boffs
Tac: TT1, APB1, BO1
Eng: EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, ExTS3 EPTS1, ATSIF1, ET3 (has DEM3 when I cycle into the cmnd position).
Sce: ST1, HE2 OR when I cycle another in TB1, Tachyon 2


By the sound of it, you are saying my effectiveness and DPS should increase if I switch my engy boffs with the following:
EPtS1, RSP1, EPtW3, ExTS3 and EPtW1, ET2, EPtS3 (DEM3 to rotate out).
and then switch my Sci with HE1, TSS2.

Would this work for Engy captain? Or in all reality should I be rerolling my toon as a Tac Captain to be effective.

I do have a fleet escort for pressure dps too that I may just fall back on, but I'd really like this work out...I get bored of healing sometimes...I heal well enough, just most the time my team loses anyways since no one focus fires in PVP making me not want to heal anymore, but I do like the engy captain class. Halp!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
03-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker01 View Post
Engineer Vice Admiral here. The Assault cruiser Dragon build has me pondering a couple things. As I really really want to be more viable then just healing in PVP (I do not want to top escorts, but I do want to be a bit more of a threat toe-to-toe too) I'm wondering if this setup will work well for an Engy. Here is what I have so far:

U.S.S. Phalanx
Fore: 1x DBB Tetryon MK XI, 1x Quantum torp MK XI, 2x BA Tetryon MK XI
Aft: 4x BA Tetryon MK XI

Engine: Jem'Hadar MK XI (have 2 borg pieces too, engine and deflector)
Deflector: Positron very rare MK XI
Shield: MACO MK XI

Engineer con: 2x EPS MK XI, 1x RCS, 1x Abalative Armor (will switch with the Neutronium)
Tac: 3x Tetryon MK XI
Science: 1x Shield emitter MK XI, 1x Shield Generator MK XI

Boffs
Tac: TT1, APB1, BO1
Eng: EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, ExTS3 EPTS1, ATSIF1, ET3 (has DEM3 when I cycle into the cmnd position).
Sce: ST1, HE2 OR when I cycle another in TB1, Tachyon 2


By the sound of it, you are saying my effectiveness and DPS should increase if I switch my engy boffs with the following:
EPtS1, RSP1, EPtW3, ExTS3 and EPtW1, ET2, EPtS3 (DEM3 to rotate out).
and then switch my Sci with HE1, TSS2.

Would this work for Engy captain? Or in all reality should I be rerolling my toon as a Tac Captain to be effective.

I do have a fleet escort for pressure dps too that I may just fall back on, but I'd really like this work out...I get bored of healing sometimes...I heal well enough, just most the time my team loses anyways since no one focus fires in PVP making me not want to heal anymore, but I do like the engy captain class. Halp!


Why would you use EPtW3 and EPtS1, and not the norm of W1 and S3? The only difference in higher levels of EPtW is the amount of power you can get with it. Well you still can't go over the 125, so why would u drop the survivability of S3, when you can just change your standard power allocation?

I do appologise, you get a few % points of BASE weapon damage for 5 seconds, totally useless. The only use of EPtW is to chain them to keep your weapon power at 125, and POSSIBLY for an alpha strike with the GX.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Figured I would post my current setup on here and get some / any recommendations anyone might have.

I am a Tactical Captain flying the Galaxy-X.
I am using:

Fore:
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]

Aft:
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array MK XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]

Equipment:
Jem'Hadar Impulse Engines Mk XI
Positron Deflector Array Mk XI [Em] [Stl] [ShdS]
Shield Array Mk XI [Cap]x3

Devices:
Auxiliary Battery x20
Engine Battery x20
Scorpion Fighters
Subspace Field Modulator

Consoles:
Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Blue)
Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Blue) or Universal Cloaking Device.
EPS Flow Regulator MK XI (Blue)
EPS Flow Regulator MK XI (Blue)

Field Generator MK XI (Blue)
Assimilated Module

Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)
Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)
Phaser Relay MK XI (Blue)

Bridge Officers:
Tac. Ens. BO1
Tac. Lt. BO1 / HYT2 (Efficient)
Eng. Lt Cmd. EPtW1 / ET2 / EPtS3
Eng. Cmd. EPtW1 / RSP1 / EPtS3 / A2SiF3
Sci. Lt. HE1 / ST2

Power Levels:
124/75 (Gah, Im missing 1!)
124/65 (Gah, Im missing 1!)
54/25
62/35

Skill Build:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=CygoneDN2_0

Duty Officers:

Development Lab Scientist (Purple) - Cooldown on Science Team by 8 seconds.
Development Lab Scientist (Purple) - Cooldown on Science Team by 8 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.
Conn Officer (Purple) Cooldown on Evasive Manoeuvres by 10 seconds.

I use a macro bound to space, that fires all energy weapons, cycles the 4xEPtX and A2SiF3 on cooldown and distributes all shield power, this way my hull always has the resistance buff and its constantly topped off from the bleed damage; and my 4xEPtX are never forgotten to be used. I have found that using this, I actually have 0 need for a Tactical team to redistribute my shields as I automatically do it each time I press space (so like 10 times a seconds, hehe).

How much dps do I lose from only 124 and not 125 power in weapons? (I did post a thread on this, but no one knew the answer), link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=260794

Are there any glaring holes in my skill build?

Other questions that maybe someone can help with:

How good is DEM1/2/3? Is it even worthwhile?
Can you swap to EPtS1 and EPtW3 or is the loss of survivability not worth it?, this would give you a net increase in total power (as EPtW gives more power than EPtS), so you could put extra in to Engines or Aux.
Because of the Duty Officers I use for Science Team (heals for 3000 per facing every 15seconds), I literally never use ET2, what would be an alternative for this slot?

Cy
Anyone willing to comment on this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
03-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Why would you use EPtW3 and EPtS1, and not the norm of W1 and S3? The only difference in higher levels of EPtW is the amount of power you can get with it. Well you still can't go over the 125, so why would u drop the survivability of S3, when you can just change your standard power allocation?

I do appologise, you get a few % points of BASE weapon damage for 5 seconds, totally useless. The only use of EPtW is to chain them to keep your weapon power at 125, and POSSIBLY for an alpha strike with the GX.

EPtW3 contains higher +Dmg precentage. EPtW1 has a +10% while for EPtW3 it has +17% or 20%...can't remember. Anyways, higher burst damage for 5 seconds coupled with BO1 or BO2. That's why.


It sounds like I either need to breakdown and pay the cash for a Galaxy X or reroll tactical...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker01 View Post
EPtW3 contains higher +Dmg precentage. EPtW1 has a +10% while for EPtW3 it has +17% or 20%...can't remember. Anyways, higher burst damage for 5 seconds coupled with BO1 or BO2. That's why.


It sounds like I either need to breakdown and pay the cash for a Galaxy X or reroll tactical...
The burst damage of +17% or what ever it is, should basically not even be factored in to the equation, (imo), as you run these back to back to keep your weapon power up, and if you can time it right, you are better using W1 just after BO1/2 so that you dont suffer from the degraded weapon power level for as long.

It is also to be pointed out that S3 gives a much better resist and a good 10000 shield on use.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 PM.