Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
03-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
The burst damage of +17% or what ever it is, should basically not even be factored in to the equation, (imo), as you run these back to back to keep your weapon power up, and if you can time it right, you are better using W1 just after BO1/2 so that you dont suffer from the degraded weapon power level for as long.

It is also to be pointed out that S3 gives a much better resist and a good 10000 shield on use.


True true. That coupled with APB1 should provide a small boost. I can also factor in DEM3 too, but if I run that, I need to run 2 copies really to see any value out of it. Tough decisions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Anyone willing to comment on this?
that looks basically good as is, though many think the galx should focus on decloaking escort tactics and a finisher with the lance, and not flown just like an assault cruiser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
03-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker01 View Post
True true. That coupled with APB1 should provide a small boost. I can also factor in DEM3 too, but if I run that, I need to run 2 copies really to see any value out of it. Tough decisions.
Not really, the total damage you get get to a hull with shields up even with DEM is.... well basically f**k all. Most people run atleast one copy of HE, and this even with 50aux is enough to compltly negate DEMs damage effect on a hull.

I would love DEM to be buffed to level that actually made it viable as a DPS option, quite frankly is just isnt right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Not really, the total damage you get get to a hull with shields up even with DEM is.... well basically f**k all. Most people run atleast one copy of HE, and this even with 50aux is enough to compltly negate DEMs damage effect on a hull.

I would love DEM to be buffed to level that actually made it viable as a DPS option, quite frankly is just isnt right now.
DEM isn't meant for beam boats (or DHC). DEM is extra dmg per pulse, so if you use cannons single or dual (but not heavy), then DEM adds a significant amount of extra dmg.

Not that cannons have more inherent shot per firing cycle, but cannons and turrets benifit from CRF, which doubles the number of shots fired. This is when DEM really shines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I could find some things like the Red matter or a few other things but it is 98% complete and it kicks butt
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyssafire457
I could find some things like the Red matter or a few other things but it is 98% complete and it kicks butt
The Red Matter is completely optional in my opinion as it only came with the Collector's Edition of the game as an extra perk for buying that edition of the game from stores such as amazon.com, gamestop, best buy, etc... and as such is rather rare to find these days as you have to find an unopened factory sealed copy of the collectors edition in order to be able to get the silly red matter.

that being said, even without the Red Matter you can still build a pretty darn effective Dragon Build Ship in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer
The Red Matter is completely optional in my opinion as it only came with the Collector's Edition of the game as an extra perk for buying that edition of the game from stores such as amazon.com, gamestop, best buy, etc... and as such is rather rare to find these days as you have to find an unopened factory sealed copy of the collectors edition in order to be able to get the silly red matter.

that being said, even without the Red Matter you can still build a pretty darn effective Dragon Build Ship in my opinion.
Amazon, at this time, has the CE on sale for $1.99. I purchased my CE around 6 months back from there for around $5.00 to get my account wide RMC unlock and it was worth it... Now, at less than 2 bucks it seems like a steal to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
04-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Quick update, changing from 7Arays, 1QLauncher to 6Arrays, 2QLaunchers (Front), I have increased my DPS in ESFTs by about 600, now sitting at just under 4.6k
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
04-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Amazon, at this time, has the CE on sale for $1.99.
That does seem like a good deal-

I checked, it's $1.99 for the product and $9.99 for shipping. ; )

There are some others on Amazon where you can get the product and shipping for closer to $8.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120 Tetryon Glider Viable?
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I use this build myself, its terrific for elite STFs and soaking up agg and dishing out punishment at the same time.

However, im now wondering about the viability of a tetryon glider build, something like this

Excelsior Retrofit

Weapons Fore
3x Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII (Borg)
1x Quantum Torpedo Launcher

Weapons Aft:
4x Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII (Borg)

Devices
Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor, Deuterium Surplus, Shield Battery

Omega Engines Mk XII
Omega shield Mk XII
Borg Deflector

Consoles

ENG: Assimilated Universal, 2x Neutronium Mk XI (Rare) 1x EPS Flow Regulartor Mk XI (Rare)
SCI: 2x Flow Capacitors
TAC: 3x Tetryon Pulse Modulators

BOFFS

LtC Tac: FaW 1, APB 1, TS3
Ens Eng: ET1
Lt ENG: EPTW1 EPTS2
Commander ENG: EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, A2SIF3
Lt SCI: HE1, TSS2

Im thinking the tetryon glider + Proc will rip down shields crazy fast when paired with APB and FAW, then TS3 against the bare hulls for devastating effect. It has the added bonus of also having the 2 piece borg set bonus, which I find to be quite helpful in STFs

Thoughts?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM.