Ensign
# 201
03-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I have been testing this build myself. It is proving an excellent setup for the Chimera Heavy Destroyer with an engie captain, with a few minor tweaks. (Omega 3 instead of Aux to SIF) It quickly and efficiently strips shields from multiple targets, allowing a friend with torp spread to finish them off.
Ensign
# 202
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
In one of the previous posts I can remember someone asking about creating a Dragon Vesta build. I adapted another build for the Vesta and came up with something close. I will try to post it at another time.
Career Officer
# 203
05-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone got an adapted build for a Haakona or D'Deridex Retrofit?
Captain
# 204
05-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveimperator View Post
Anyone got an adapted build for a Haakona or D'Deridex Retrofit?
Well, I'm not sure how well it'll work on a D'Deridex Retro, it only just fits, and would leave you rather short on heals. It's pretty straightforward to set up for a Haakona, though, since as long as you make the universal an Eng it's the same boff layout as an Assault Cruiser or Gal-X. So you'd get something like this:

TT1, FAW2
TS1

EPtS1, EPtW2, RSP2, A2SIF3
EPtS1, EPtW2, Extend Shields 2

HE1, TSS2

Obviously this isn't the only option, you could replace the TS with a second TT, switch FAW for CSV if you're doing a single cannon build, or drop the Extend for an EWP to provide some CC (although that will be tricky on a ship as slow as the Haakona, unless the separation helps a lot) or a DEM for some extra firepower. And of course you can play with the level of every one of these abilities, with the exception of TT.
Career Officer
# 205
06-10-2013, 01:03 PM
How viable is the Dragon Flagship build still? I've been running this pretty much since it was posted and I've noticed that recently its usefulness has been steadily on the decline.

The main issue I've seen is that, especially against other players (in areas like Kerr'at) it's survival time can be measured in the seconds.

In PvE it is still fine, and even in some Elite STFs it has staying power--but not much DPS.

So, I suppose my second question is whether or not there are any newer Engineering-focused alternatives to the good old Dragon?
Starfleet Veteran
# 206
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralah1 View Post
So, I suppose my second question is whether or not there are any newer Engineering-focused alternatives to the good old Dragon?
Auxiliary to Battery with Technicians turned my Fleet Galaxy into a tank that vomits damage with single cannons and turrets. It's pretty much the only alternative.
Career Officer
# 207
06-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm open to giving any alternative a shot. Do you have a link to a good Aux2Batt setup?
Starfleet Veteran
# 208
06-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
I'm open to giving any alternative a shot. Do you have a link to a good Aux2Batt setup?
This is what I'm currently using.
Starfleet Veteran
# 209
06-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=654691

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Ensign
# 210 dragon flagship build
07-28-2013, 05:32 PM
the dragon flagship build seems kinda noob to me my dreadnought cruiser galaxy x is much better then that much more turn rate and survivability in pve and pvp stf also and welll of more damage and dps