Lt. Commander
# 71
02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
The specs are updated though I don't think the power of the Jem'hadar engine has been considered. I don't have any MACO stuff at present. The engine maybe slightly better than Aegis, but you need to consider the set bonuses being offered.

I realize it may not be as good, but I run a pretty complete Borg set as I use the tractor beam from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm waiting for the Jem Hadar shield to see if it's a good idea then to go with 3 parts borg and 2 parts Jem Hadar until MK XI MACO Shield and Deflector come along... right now I'm switching to the Borg Engine for travel, although on an Excelsior that is a bit moot. I also don't profit from the Jem Hadar set bonus in my antiproton boat.

The Aegis engine has the 5% defense IIRC, so maybe a better piece when you want/need mor tank. Personally I'm only doing normals now and I'm practically never dying in my Excelsior, the tank is pretty solid with the cycling of EptS plus some survival skills.
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I am in the process of creating a Dragon Odyssey, currently I have the following set up:

FORE:
Phaser Beam Array Mk X [Acc] [Dmg]
Phaser Beam Array Mk X [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Phaser Beam Array Mk IX - Common
Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [CrtD] [CrtH]

AFT:
2x Phaser Beam Array Mk X
2x Phaser Beam Array Mk IX

Assimilated Deflector Array
Aegis Hyper-Impulse Engines
Shield Array Mk XI [Cap] x2

Engineering Consoles: 3x EPS Flow Regulator Mk X (65%), 1x Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (+16)
Science Consoles: Field Generator Mk XI, Biofunction Monitor Mk X, Point Defense System
Tactical Consoles: Phaser Relay Mk X, Phaser Relay Mk VII

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Shields Battery, Engines Battery, Scorpion Fighters

Universal Lt. Commander Boff: EP2W I, RSP I, DEM II
Tactical Lt. Boff: Tactical Team I, FAW II
Engineering Commander Boff: EP2W I, Engineering Team II, EP2S III, Extend Shields III
Science Lt. Boff: Hazard Emitters I, TSS II
Science Ensign Boff: Polarize Hull I

I still need to finalize some of the gear and rearrange some of the Bridge Officer Slots, and definitely buy a retrain note, but so far the build is beginning to take shape in my opinion. I was wondering what other people think of my build so far?

Oh and in case people from the other thread about Cruisers/dreadnoughts come in here and see this post... my last post in that thread was more hypothetical with regards to my own build than it was with regards to hard and fast fact.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
decisions decisions....lets wait to assess the new oddysey thats coming first, possibly other new ships and the rest of the jem hadar set, i doubt many will have full XII anyways. I work and play aw....uuhhh i mena uh not..nothing
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
New Odyssey on March 15th!
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the guide Ragnorok21, this has made me like flying cruisers again and I am so surprised how potent they are now!

I have started a new toon on the back of this thread to fully realize their potential
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
well what about eng abiliies such as EPS transfer, red matter cap, would u then remove eng console slots like eps mod and add in what? would u keep them? would you change out different boff abilites like 1 less ept whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-02-2012, 01:03 PM
also why are we using in the odyssey build, RSP 1 and not directed energy modulation 1? wouldnt the directed energy mod go hand in hand with the antiproton beams anyways? I see RSP as a last ditch effort anyways and if im gonna die, eh w/e lol id rather dish out much damage as possible since thats wut u need in the game anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
So much fail in this thread...
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
So much fail in this thread...
Then don't let the door hit you on your way out....