Lt. Commander
# 1 I really need help
02-01-2012, 02:05 AM
[b][color="Red"]Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 04:01 AM
When I start up Star Trek Online on the launcher i press engage and then the cryptic logo is there but the loading bar down the bottom is not coming up then this comes up Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: connection was idle for too long

Iv tried disabling on-demand patching and iv restarted and my internet connection is fine to play sto

How do I solve this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm not sure how to help as technical stuff goes way over my head. But I would point you to the support section of the forums where you could get more help from the people who frequent that sub section of the forums.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Iv been there but no answer its been up for like 3 hrs and i cant submit a ticket so?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJames11 View Post
Iv been there but no answer its been up for like 3 hrs and i cant submit a ticket so?
I actually just had a peak and saw it

One of the first things I do on an error is use the "Force Verify" option to make sure all the files are right, then restart my computer and launch the game in safe mode. Like I said I'm not technically minded and I'm sorry you have had no answer so far.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Iv done that multipul times and still it was working this morning
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2012, 04:25 AM
if you're looking for a "dev" post, remember they all work on the US west coast.. so right now they're probably asleep and cant really reply yet..

i would suggest the force-verify as well, turning off the on demand patching, trying the various proxy servers as well (all in the options menu from the launcher)

if none of that works, make sure whatever kind of firewall you're behind will allow STO to connect. As windows firewall is common you can do that by doing the following in windows 7

open control panel - click on system and security

click on firewall - if its turned on there will be an option to the right called "allow a program or feature through windows firewall" click on that next.

that brings up a long list, check that the cryptic game launcher and "game client" are allowed through. if not locate them with the "Add a program" function by searching in the box it brings up in the directory you installed the game to

remember to make sure you "add" both of them.

once they're both showing up in the list and have check boxes next to them, close that down and try again.

if you're on another windows OS, or a different firewall, i'd suggest googling for help in allowing a program through those firewalls.

thats about all the help i can give, you may need someone else to show you how to open ports for the game and it could be a problem with your ISP too.. but again, those are not things i can help you with myself, and would require someone with more knowledge to help, or a call to your ISP if the problems there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Moved to PC & Tech area as they got some cool people there that can help you out as well