Lt. Commander
I have searched, and there maybe a thread about it but I haven't found it yet, so if there is just point me to it if you know about it. Maybe I used the wonrg combination for the search.

Anyway onto my question. Is there anyway when logging out of a character to go to the character selection screen? Everytime I do I have to sign back in which is a tad confusing considering it is done like this in other games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
nope, have to sign back in each time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Sadly no. This is something the devs have known about for a looooong time and have yet to be bothered to get around to fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
It's not a bug, it's a security device.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I personally wish there was a faster way to go back and forth between your characters. But it's not a big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.rocks
It's not a bug, it's a security device.
^This. Something most online games do so your sibling/partner/"friend" can't log out of your current character, log into your prime character, and delete all your elite stuff while you're in the bathroom/on the phone/answering the door/whatever.

Yes, most of us don't have to worry about that. But it does happen, and it protects the game company, because they can't do it unless you gave them your password, so it's your responsibility.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the answers. I never said it was a bug, just that maybe there was something in the options I had missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
^This. Something most online games do so your sibling/partner/"friend" can't log out of your current character, log into your prime character, and delete all your elite stuff while you're in the bathroom/on the phone/answering the door/whatever.
Which ones? I have played LotRO, DDO, WoW, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, to name a few yet none of these do this. I am curious now to which ones do this I am not being argumentative, it is just something I haven't experienced until now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
Thanks for the answers. I never said it was a bug, just that maybe there was something in the options I had missed.

Which ones? I have played LotRO, DDO, WoW, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, to name a few yet none of these do this. I am curious now to which ones do this I am not being argumentative, it is just something I haven't experienced until now.
there was a youtube video of a girl who pretty much deleted all of her boyfriends WoW characters, most were max level and had great loot....
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2012, 02:35 AM
They can recover all characters so it is not that much of an inconvenience, though it is upto the GM who gets the ticket to decide if they will. There was an incident many moons ago on the old forums where a bloke came on in CS and admitted in a fit of drunken stupidity he deleted his max level characters and he wanted to know if they could be recovered he also said he'd understand if t wasn't possible as itwas because of his own stupidity. He was told to open a ticket and wait and see and he got them all back.

I wasn't saying it didn't or doesn't happen. I was just curious about which other MMOs do this as it is something I have never come across until now, I wasn't saying it isn't done in other games either. As I said I thought I had missed something in the optioons or something to enable just logging to character selection. Which given my ability to miss things right in front of my face wouldn't of suprised me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 04:09 AM
If I know I'm going to be logging in and out between characters a lot, I copy my password to the clipboard, and then assign one of my keyboard macro keys to perform a Ctrl+V (paste) so that whenever I have to log out, then log back in again, I can just paste the password into the text box. Takes no time at all, and means I don't have to type a long-winded password in every time.

Food for thought.