Lt. Commander
Well its taken me weeks just to learn the basics of the Duty Officer System But I have set up a active Ground & Space crew " I asume you can only have 5 active on each " well thats all I have found I can have

When I go into my duty office roster to add or remove from active ground & space all the characters have the buttons at the bottom Either "Put on Active Duty or Remove from Active Duty" but all my Civilians which includes my only Diplomat just has the Dismiss Button ? How can I add civilians to active duty

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
There's no point, as far as I know, as they don't have passive abilities like everyone else.

I could be wrong, but I'm going off by what I saw on the STOWiki.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Civilians don't have active roster powers, they stay in the reserve roster where you can use them on assignments that call for them.

The same applies to many science specializations, and a few engineering, operations, and medical ones - they can't be used in the active roster, but are kept in reserve for use on assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
you can't, there are also several in the sciences that can't be put on active duty either(botanist, biologist, research lab, development lab, geologist, counselor). Active duty is just for the doffs that have something that can affect a power or skill like projectile officers have a chance to reduce torpedo recharge.