Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Try the direct link to Cryptic Point purchase: http://www.startrekonline.com/user/product/points_buy

Since you're a PWE member, I'm not sure that'll work. But the Zen purchase/transfer won't "rob" you. It's just a longer way of doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Automaticly redirects to the Zen page. I won't buy zen just to lose 20% of it when converting. What the hell is that crap. Thats like going to the bank, withdrawing 100 bucks and then getting fined 20 bucks when you try and spend it.

As for the virtual cryptic cards, where do I buy them?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2012, 08:53 AM
You dont lose anything. 80 Cryptic Points = 1 Dollar. So buying 1000 zen from PWE cost the same as buying 800 CP from Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
You dont lose anything. 80 Cryptic Points = 1 Dollar. So buying 1000 zen from PWE cost the same as buying 800 CP from Cryptic.
if you live in the uk they charge us in euro
so we do lose out

1000 c-points is 8 (card)

spending 8 through zen then converting gets you around 850 c-points

so we lose 150 points because of perfect world charging us in euros instead of gbp/usd
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
That's not PW, that's their international billing department. I'm sure if you look at cryptic they do the same.... Because... frankly the points are all coming from the same source. One is just pre-converted for you (a throwback from when there were different accounts -- now all new accounts are PW).
Lt. Commander
# 16 c-store points etc.
02-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Like the op, I run into that same problem, sent tickets to both cryptic and PW, and neither of them can figure out why I cant even log in with cryptic,have to use pw, I made a pw account,didnt/never had a cryptic one,so no one seems to know what to do. At least thats what I was told. I went from ftp,they managed to get me to gold,but still no cryptic account. I refuse to buy zen,and actually lose money, while cryptic lets others buy direct-it's a total mess.

I can understand why cryptic has no customer service phone lines, they want to avoid dealing with customers that they dont really care about helping in the 1st place. That beta customer service thing they are running is smoke and mirrors. I used that "service", and they basically told me " I dunno",lol,heck,it's their game. Hopefully someday they will care about customers again.