Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down the shard on Friday, February 3rd from 12:00AM to 2:00AM Pacific Time (0800 to 1000 UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 11:53 PM
It's really Frustrating when a company has multiple games with a regular and a Test server, and when one game server goes down, they all go down. Please be kind to customers. I would suggest a couple schedule changes to make the customer a little lass frustrated:

1) Stagger down time, both game wise and server wise. If they can't play one game then at least let them satisfy their desire with either the test server or one of your other games.

2) Also staggering when servers go down also allows people like myself who spend much of their day in collage, work and satisfying life's needs to not wake up tot a company telling us we have to start our day without the relaxation of a product we paid for.

I realize that you all are busting your tails off to continue to keep the game new and fun, and largely you guys are doing a great job, but these every day events where both CO and STO go down is beginning to make me wonder why I payed for 3 months of a game I can't play when I most feel the desire to.

I don't mean to sound miffed, but it just frustrates me to see a problem that has a simple solution get a simple fix that could allow everyone to be happy with the least damage to anyone.

Thank you for the fun though, and I hope that something is done so that no one has to be (or continue to be) frustrated by such a simply solved planning error.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Normally tribble is up when holodeck goes offline. Why CO and STO are sharing downtimes lately I'm unsure of though.

They are trying this new maintenance window to make everyone happy. It used to be later, which made a lot of people mad. This new one is making people mad.. They really can't win ya know :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
If they are fixing the Shield Generators with this patch then I am happy to take a break.

If they do not fix them I am going to be real grumpy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Normally tribble is up when holodeck goes offline. Why CO and STO are sharing downtimes lately I'm unsure of though.

They are trying this new maintenance window to make everyone happy. It used to be later, which made a lot of people mad. This new one is making people mad.. They really can't win ya know :p
I was fine with the old window I hate this one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 12:03 AM
There was nothing wrong with the old window. This new window is during prime playing hours. Please bring the old window back.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 12:04 AM
ya, this pretty well bites. right as i log in i get a msg saying the shard is coming down in 1 min. Thanks for playing! :/
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post

Yeah I know they can't win, and I hated posting it, but I tried getting up at 6 am to get some game time before my first class, but an hour jut don't cut it. Staggered downtime at least only upsets half the people half the time (Usually the people that like eating your favorite food in front of you without sharing, lol). I had already payed for 3 months each of CO and STO and then spent about $100+ on CP is the only reason I sounded off lol On the plus side I do realize they are doing the best they can, sometimes customer feedback helps shine light on a problem hard working minds and eyes can miss lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokkan
There was nothing wrong with the old window. This new window is during prime playing hours. Please bring the old window back.
There was something wrong with the old window, and there is something wrong with this window... BOTH are at a set time instead of varied..That means that there is a section of customers, many of which pay, that are inconvenienced without good cause.

It's is better to frustrate all the customers once in a while than to alienate half your customers all the time.... It's both common sense, good business, and what the wise call common sense. It would be nice though if NO ONE had to suffer ever, but the games (thank God) are just to good to accomplish that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
There was nothing wrong with the old window.
If you lived in Europe you'd realise how wrong that statement was.

Quote:
This new window is during prime playing hours. Please bring the old window back.
Midnight PST onwards is NOT primetime in the USA..

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2012, 12:08 AM
At the very least, you could have let us know about this 24 hours ago, since it was "scheduled" so we could have planned around it.
Closed Thread