Lt. Commander
# 51
02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I wish you could goto a Bartender at the Captain's Table to access these instead of a dropdown menu in my mission window (along with a non-cooldown transport to the interior directly) and call them "Captain's Stories".
This. A thousand times this. #1 on my wish list for this game. Making the Captain's Table useful - and franchise-apropos - to be the source-point for the Captains' Tales....
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
But in all seriousness, the average level of so-called "fan-fiction" is pretty mediocre; however, the foundry rating system seems to do a reasonably good job (though far from perfect) of letting you sort through it. A few of the foundry missions I have played have been real gems while a lot of the Cryptic-designed missions are hackneyed rehashes of old Star Trek TV plots (although there are some very compelling Cryptic-designed missions as well)
Agreed. Some of the Foundry missions I've played (Spirits of Ramok Nor, City of Polmar Ree, Worst of All Worlds, Temple of the Pah-Wraiths, etc) would fit right in with TNG or DS9. And if I had to choose between 10-15 FE missions per year, or 100-1000 Foundry missions per WEEK, I know wht I'd choose.

What I would like to see is an option to create Exploration Missions in the Foundry...missions players would come across while doing exploration missions. That would be awesome.

I also fully support the tip jar system.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
Have not and will not set foot in the Foundry.

I pay a subscription fee to play official storyline material, not fanfic.
You do realize that nothing that happens in this game is "official" as in not canon, so I fail to see a distinction. Also, you don't have to pay a subscription so that part of your comment is irrelevant. Point is, you're missing out on content that is just as "official" and is at times better quality than some of the cryptic missions. You're only missing out, and lose the right to ever say there isn't enough new content when you refuse to play what there is. In my humble opinion of course.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
as an author i love the tip jar, and i am very thankful for any who have tipped me.

i think its a nice feature and helps pay for those extra slots for even more great missions.

I think it's incredibly sad that those of you out there filling that incredible void we call content drougnt are actually CHARGED for foundry slots!!!

Thank you for your time and effort! Foundry authors should receive MORE praise than Cryptic content developers for the simple fact that they're not receiving a paycheck for their work. (but I do appreciate the devs at Cryptic too, what they have put out is excellent).
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
The Captains Table Contents hum ok how this could work

a Creative Room that connects you to the Foundry without a Separate log in
So you can keep in touch with whats going on in STO now the Foundry makes it impossable to see chat messages via the dialog box. recieing PMs isent quite the same
IF the fleet needs help some way we could make it more seamless pause a creative moment to go help a friend..

And easier way to use resources to help fellow players based out of the Captains Table.

IT's a nice Veterans Reward lets think of ways to use it to help community Maybe you assign it as a fleet Star Base Shipyard office to spur growth ia the foundry to go to a DEV TM Fleet Concil for ideas to add to the galaxy
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
some foundry mission are the best missions in the game. its always a players choice whether to use this feature or not, but you may be robbing yourself of a great experience.

and i say that as someone who was very weary of fan fic to begin with. ive seen some in the past and it was shocking. the foundry however boasts some wonderful stories.
Agreed. TBH, the best missions in Foundry are far better than the "official products".
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
it was also about the time atari stopped funding them, sold them off to ...
Not the first game Atari f**ks over (and later finds out that "oops, we shouldn't have sold them off")...
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Maybe some GM's can do something about people if you are forced to put them on ignore from not being subjected to their lunacy. That they can be blocked from trolling or flaming on the review section I got this one guy he's out of control but no GM has put a stop to his behavior yet with this foundry option.
Err, WTF? Translation to english, anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Hilariously, any sub money he pays or has paid has also, in some part, gone into Foundry development. In other words, it's a feature he and everyone who has ever given money to STO has paid for.

It's a logical stretch, yes, but when you think about it, by refusing to play Foundry missions, he is in effect refusing to make full use of the money he's spent.
Just to nit pick here...
Actually the foundry we have is a beta for that neverwinter garbage they are making. They stuck it into STO to test it out and then everyone who knew anything about it went on to do more work on neverwinter. No support and it would seem not even procedure logs to let the STO guys know how it works.

Maybe with the new hiring some real work will be done with the foundry. Seems a lot of people like it and I hear there's some great content on there. Not my cup of tea, but if it keeps people spending money on the game I hope it does well.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
This is a good start! There are lots of great Foundry missions out there all made by Star Trek fans. Now if we can just get some TOS tools then we could really make some good stories