Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold Pressed latinum!
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
How do You get Gold Pressed latinum? and waht`s The best Way to Earn some Dilithium?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Latnium - You play DABO to get it... Go to Drozana Station or DS9.

The best Way to Earn some Dilithium is to grind for it. Check your missions... Or you can use Cryptic points on the exchange to get them. Check here for that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowecho71 View Post
How do You get Gold Pressed latinum? and waht`s The best Way to Earn some Dilithium?
Latnium you get by wasting energy credits at Quarks on Deep Space 9, playing rigged DABO, and latinum is totally worthless unless you want to pay 50K Lat for a ship costume that lasts 15 mins (In other words I would not worry about it)

For Free, The easiest way to get a SMALL amount of Dilithium (DL) is to do Duty Officer missions daily, a way to get a medium amount is to grind the daily quest every day that pay DL

If Paying real money, the absolute easiest way to get DL is to trade Cryptic Points (CP) for it on the DL Exchange.
(I got like 23,000 or so for 76CP)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I was a little disappointed in how little there was to do with GPL, and that the only way to get it was to tediously convert it by playing a "game" where all you do is click and stare at the screen. How about playing poker with other players as a Fed (it was a major side thing on TNG so it fits), and some invented Klingon game for Klinks? Or they could add Tongo to DS9 and Drhozana (sp).

Also they should let you sell Contraband to someone for GPL and other stuff, and then introduce a new set of weapons and other gear on the Ferengi "black market" you can only get with GPL. My klink really wants a Varon-T disruptor!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
I was a little disappointed in how little there was to do with GPL, and that the only way to get it was to tediously convert it by playing a "game" where all you do is click and stare at the screen. How about playing poker with other players as a Fed (it was a major side thing on TNG so it fits), and some invented Klingon game for Klinks? Or they could add Tongo to DS9 and Drhozana (sp).

Also they should let you sell Contraband to someone for GPL and other stuff, and then introduce a new set of weapons and other gear on the Ferengi "black market" you can only get with GPL. My klink really wants a Varon-T disruptor!
I have about 740K GPL (Gold Pressed Lat) and there is nothing of interest to spend it on, and never has been. Now if there was a poker game for Dilithium or CP I would be interested But I think this would go against STO's rating (currently PG 13 I believe)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 11:53 PM
It already has simulated gambling with Dabo. Adding poker wouldn't change anything.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
It already has simulated gambling with Dabo. Adding poker wouldn't change anything.
It would not make GPL any more useful, and you don't pay real money for it...(As in the CP case) thats the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowecho71 View Post
Search the exchange fpr gold pressed latinum packages. There are also large ones in there. Good way to blow useless EC.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
It would not make GPL any more useful
You glossed over my entire post, yet quoted it.