Commander
# 1 Maha Raptor
09-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Hey all, so I was checking out the new ships, and saw the sexy kdf designs. I find both of them pretty awesome and capture that kdf ship design philosophy well, but there is one thing that bothers me. Why is it that raptors STILL only have normal cloak, it makes very little sense. Even battlecruisers have battle cloak now, so I think that atleast the MaHa raptor should get somthing along the lines of a battle cloak.

But hey, just my opinion.
House of Beautiful Orions
Career Officer
# 2
09-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Because Captain Smirk hates us. :3
Captain
# 3
09-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Only the Intelligence ships get a boost to their stealth systems. MaHa isn't Intel, so faction-standard stealth.
Commander
# 4
09-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Guess you have a point with the non intel thing, but still, I think raptors have suffered enough lol.
But my problem with the lack of BC still kinda stands, last time I checked the teir 5 mogh has a BC, and is a battlecruiser.
But again, just my personal opinion on a fact that probably will never change.
Captain
# 5
09-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepholapoid View Post
Guess you have a point with the non intel thing, but still, I think raptors have suffered enough lol.
But my problem with the lack of BC still kinda stands, last time I checked the teir 5 mogh has a BC, and is a battlecruiser.
But again, just my personal opinion on a fact that probably will never change.
cloak not battle cloak.... but unlike every other kdf ship it loses nothing for it.
jesus love you, cryptic does not.
Commander
# 6
09-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Ah okay, well that's what I get for never flying the mogh. Thanks for clearing it up.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Yeah, it seems that they're going with that "intel" thing by advancing the faction-specific cloaking one step further for each faction on these "intel" ships.
That's why Fed. intel gets cloak, KDF intel gets battlecloak and RR intel gets EBC.

The MaHa is not an "intel" raptor, but rather a new T6 raptor - so it's get standard cloaking for raptors. I'm not too concerned with that though, if them advertizing it as "superior forward firepower" translates into 5 fwd.weapons + the nose cannon and 5 tac.consoles, combined with the unique console it comes with, I don't really need to battlecloak - nothing will survive the opening alpha anyway.
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Yeah, it seems that they're going with that "intel" thing by advancing the faction-specific cloaking one step further for each faction on these "intel" ships.
That's why Fed. intel gets cloak, KDF intel gets battlecloak and RR intel gets EBC.

The MaHa is not an "intel" raptor, but rather a new T6 raptor - so it's get standard cloaking for raptors. I'm not too concerned with that though, if them advertizing it as "superior forward firepower" translates into 5 fwd.weapons + the nose cannon and 5 tac.consoles, combined with the unique console it comes with, I don't really need to battlecloak - nothing will survive the opening alpha anyway.
4/3 with the borty console. mark my words.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 9
09-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post

Who needs battlecloak anyway?

mask energy signature -> T5 rom rep cloak -> integrated cloak

It might be helpful to picture Picard as Cryptic and the Borg as PWE.
Captain
# 10
09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Only the Intelligence ships get a boost to their stealth systems. MaHa isn't Intel, so faction-standard stealth.
This. I have no idea why people ignore very important details such as this.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Join the PriorityOne fleet today! Also, follow me on Twitter!