Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Commander
Hey there,

So currently, my Gorn Engineer flies a K'tinga retrofit as a stepping stone to eventually getting a Fleet Negh'var that looks like so:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ekneghvar_5035

It certainly works well enough, but surely there have to be some Battlecruiser builds that aren't dual-a2b, right? I'm just feeling like I'd like to at least explore a different approach.

Thanks for your time.

Gen
Captain
# 2
01-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Standard procedure (as far as I know) for when you don't have the cash for Technicians and/or B'tran isn't even giving you the time of day is to go for an Emergency Power cycle. 2xEPtX1, 2xEPtY3 (or similar) will cycle for as close to a 100% uptime as the game allows (allowing for activation times and latency in the input).
Commander
# 3
01-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Oh, I've got Technicians, Haazek worked B'Tran Cluster hard. This is really more about just trying something different. My first impulse was to just yank out the a2b, replace the Technician doffs with a pair of Damage Control Engineers, maybe RSP1 and A2D1.

Although if I'm going to have an aux score now, maybe that means I go Kamarag instead of Negh'var? Use GW1 to bunch up targets and unleash on them with CSV/TS. Hmm...
Captain
# 4
01-24-2014, 07:14 AM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nonaux_0
3 cannon cool down doffs, reversed polarity doff, dem doff, and a warp core doff.

I would go beams over cannons, then you can have an attack pattern beta and have beams at global cool down.

Aux2bat was made for ships like this....at the very minimum without doffs, you need 6 tactical slots

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 5
01-24-2014, 07:31 AM
2x purple DCEs and you don't need A2Bat on a battlecruiser. Use these for your EPT cooldowns, chain any 2 EPTs you like nonstop (in other words EPTS and EPTW). Load out any other A2Damp/A2SIF/RSP/ES/ET combo that you like.

Then for whatever loadout you use get 3x energy weapon doffs to cool down either beam or cannon skills. You can get away with 2x doffs for whatever weapon type you specialize in, but you can also get an extra active space doff from spire rep.

The thing about using A2Bat is you cool down all other skills as well, but you kill ALL skills that require aux power, that means A2SIF, A2Damp, HE, TSS, anything you might use. By using DCEs and EWO doffs you can get a lot more functionality out of your aux power. Even if you just run nominal levels (~50 power) you can get a lot more cross-healing power that don't conflict -- like ET and A2SIF and TSS as well as ES or EPTS, things where you can double up an instant heal for dire situations.

I use some A2Bats and some non-A2Bats and both are perfectly valid loadouts. You trade aux and exactly what you're cooling down. IMO going non-a2bat is probably better.
Commander
# 6
01-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Why wouldn't 2 EPTX work in conjunction with some Damage Control Engineers?
Captain
# 7
01-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Why wouldn't 2 EPTX work in conjunction with some Damage Control Engineers?
They do. They work fine with DCEs. In fact you really need 2 and you need to hit them nonstop, because the proc from one will cool down the other. Using them piece-meal won't get you the same cooldown benefits. You need to keybind spam them, basically.
Commander
# 8
01-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
They do. They work fine with DCEs. In fact you really need 2 and you need to hit them nonstop, because the proc from one will cool down the other. Using them piece-meal won't get you the same cooldown benefits. You need to keybind spam them, basically.
I'm no stranger to dual EPTX. That's a staple of many of my builds, and most of them have a nice keybind going that cycles them. The question was more directed at dahminus, whose sample build uses four Emergency Power abilities.

I actually just ran the numbers on him in the Power Calc spreadsheet; the amount of energy he'll have to throw around is staggering. Leech and EPS Manifold Efficiency FTW!

Gen
Captain
# 9
01-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Chaining 4 copies of EPTs is an old gameplay method that still works. It's from before DCE doffs were widely known about (and before they were in-game, even!), and for folks just starting out without good doffs it's a perfectly valid system. It works -- or WORKED because they've screwed over the cooldowns on EPTs nowadays -- by getting full uptime on EPTS by using cooldown synergy. You'd alternate EPTW, EPTS, EPTW2, EPTS2, and by the time you got to your second copy of either skill the CD was at global.

It takes up 2x as many boff slots, but on ENG-heavy cruisers it's perfectly feasible. For beginners to ENG-heavy cruisers I think it's a good start. Takes no investment to test out.
Empire Veteran
# 10
01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
edit. got my DCE confused with my WCE.

so why not run (3) DCE doffs (2) Energy weapon doffs (1) what ever doff so your EPTx and Weapons of choice cycle rapidly?

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-24-2014 at 09:21 AM.