02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
they switched it from eng to science.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
they switched it from eng to science.
Yes, I know. This is why I was saying that it is now useless for a sci ship as the existing sci consoles got buffed and the Field Generator got nerfed. It now makes no sense for a sci ship to use them, at all. That is all
Lt. Commander
Release Notes

•Reverted Console - Science - Field Generator, Shield HP Consoles, to modify shield HP instead of granting Starship Shield System skill points.
Values will now be identical to the original console.
◦This console still goes into Science console slot.
◦This is a temporary fix and the console will eventually go back to using Starship Shield System skill points.

Ok, all well and good, for now...So, with the "Values will now be identical to the original console" statement, the console will not stack as was the case with the original console?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha0ero View Post
Release Notes

•Reverted Console - Science - Field Generator, Shield HP Consoles, to modify shield HP instead of granting Starship Shield System skill points.
◦This is a temporary fix and the console will eventually go back to using Starship Shield System skill points.

Ok, all well and good, for now...So, with the "Values will now be identical to the original console" statement, the console will not stack as was the case with the original console?
Well, at least it is only a temporary rollback. I honestly thought nerfing that console was one of the smartest things cryptic has done lately, without being asked (that's the key phrase there, unprompted changes from Cryptic are scary sometimes). I've always thought it was a bad idea as a 35% capacity console. It was a must-have for every build. Cryptic should have just buffed shields rather than releasing that thing onto an unsuspecting public.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2012, 05:09 PM
oh well, uber shields for a day. back to normal.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha0ero View Post
Release Notes

which boggles the mind on how this broke autofire.... what the hell!
Lt. Commander
but I'm not seeing any change from 1 vs 2 in the Shield Cap Defense Stat...Could the Shield Cap Stat be borked in some way and the effect of 2 Shield Gens is actually present?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
These consoles only stacked when they where broke, they don't stack with the % buff, & never have.