Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I wanted to ask if anyone else has had issues of items being sold on the exchange not being returned back to you.
Seems I had 28 emails sent to me of 28 items stating "Your sale in the exchange has expired, & your items are being returned to you"...yet I had those items on the exchange only for 5 days...NONE OF THE ITEMS HAVE BEEN RETURNED BACK TO ME !!!! --- I had enough slots in both my bank and personal inventory to accomodate those items coming back to me. -- I have sent several tickets but havent been answered. ?

Particular coinicedance is 10 of the 28 items I was selling were "Very Rare -Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK VII [ACC] [DMG]X2 ; right now there are exactly 10 of the same items being sold on the exchange (not me) at half of what I had them selling for....

2nd question - since the inception of "Free to Play" has anyone besides me wondered if STO has manipulated the cost of items by dropping the prices of what they were prior to "Free to Play" coming online. ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I've had these very same issues. Email comes back that the item expired after a short time and the item's not attached to the email.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
When you check the mail that says the item is being returned to you, you will not see the item attached to the email, unless you are at an in-game mail terminal.

Upon reading the mail, while you are at a mail terminal, you will see the item, and be able to take it. The items are not automatically deposited back into your inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
All items on the exchange are priced and put there by other players. STO is not 'manipulating' prices.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Why don't more use the exchange as I see nothing in there for sale and I get my items back?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 01:25 AM
There is absolutely ZERO reason for Cryptic or "STO" as you choose to call it to manipulate cost of Exchange items.

Energy Credits are a "symbolic" currency in STO, and you pretty much get it tossed at you where ever you go. They have no true ingame impact and merely serve to allow quick transfers between players.

Now if it was DIlithium...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 01:40 AM
First off, here's a tinfoil hat for you. No charge.

Second, as was mentioned, you need to actually visit a Mailbox to get items.

Third, items are returned to the character that listed it. If you have more than one character and it's not the character who listed the item, you won't see it in your mailbox.

Fourth, the mail system is also tied into Tribble. If you have a character or characters you copied over to Tribble who had items on the exchange, you'll get mail notifications about those items and you won't be able to see those items on Holodeck.

Fifth, the mail system is also tied into CO. See above.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
First off, here's a tinfoil hat for you. No charge.
Tinfoil hat

the Question as your avatar

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

very good very good indeed
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Sorry but I have the same issue...700 day veteran and life time subscriber...I have received an email in the game telling me that an item had gone unsold in the exchange and was being returned. So far I cannot "take" the item back, I can reply or delete the message but cannot take the item. It does not matter where I try to access the inbox (mini map, earth space dock, mem alpha, ds9 etc...)

I would suggest the op raises a ticket in game which is what I have done.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShannar
Sorry but I have the same issue...700 day veteran and life time subscriber...I have received an email in the game telling me that an item had gone unsold in the exchange and was being returned. So far I cannot "take" the item back, I can reply or delete the message but cannot take the item. It does not matter where I try to access the inbox (mini map, earth space dock, mem alpha, ds9 etc...)

I would suggest the op raises a ticket in game which is what I have done.
As people already mentioned..

YOU NEED TO BE at a MAILBOX terminal. The game doesn't care if you're in space or a planet or right next to the damn terminal, if you use the little mail icon on your mini map. you won't see the items..

you use the mail shios. (gamma quad) or any of the mail terminals around the space stations and you'll see your item attached to the bottom of your email.
Closed Thread