Lt. Commander
# 11 This is annoying.
02-02-2012, 05:15 AM
I agree.

I use the PvE queue regularly. I have never cared about the Dilithium store and could find it just fine without it having a button. Putting something of limited use in place of something of frequent and regular use is poor UI design.

At the very least, swap them back. Ideally, let us control which are buttons and which are in the drop-down arrow.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathi View Post
i agree i would like the pve button to remain where it was should have put the dilithium store in the dropdown menu rather than moving the pve to the drop down menu
This is also what I think would be for the best. The Dilithium Store button is just awkward there. DOff, PvE and PvP Queue buttons are actually needed all the time. The dilithium store button becomes obsolete quite quickly after you start doing STFs. It already is for practically all older players.

Or, if you absolutely feel you need to have it in a prominent location, make the BOff, PvE and PvP queue buttons slightly taller, and have the D-Store button be below the C-Store. Or just make the other buttons slightly narrower and split the C-Store button to 2 small buttons for C-Store and D-Store. One with the C-Point icon and one with the Dilithium icon, but bring back the PvE queue back to where it was.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I also ask that the PvE button be return back to the 'front' part of the Mini-map area, instead of being hidden behind a drop down box, considering that the PvE button is used Multiple times a day, where as the D-store might be used 1x a day at most under the best of circumstances. Would it not be a bit more common sense to put more 'content-based' stuff that is repeatable at the forefront instead of 'time-gated' stuff in front?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2012, 07:45 AM
I figure the store buttons aren't going away - orders from on high. So I'm more focused on ways for them to coexist with the button(s) I do want and use regularly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
But who's Bright idea was it to remove the PvE button In The First Place, to begin with? Especially with something as personally useless as the D-store, instead of leaving it only on ESD?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2012, 08:56 AM
As I've said all along, I imagine that the Devs were told/ordered to do so by PWE.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I agree that the interface was significantly better before this last change.

Having a dilithium gear store that can be accessed from anywhere just seems wrong to me - it was fine with just the ones on ESD/First City. Also, how does the gear actually get to the ship, if you open the store in the middle of nowhere? It's not replicable, and... well, it just doesn't make sense from a lore POV, in my opinion.

If it is going to exist, it shouldn't mess up the interface. The previous button positioning was so much better, with DOffs and PvE nice and prominent. They should at least put the dilithium store on the drop-down menu or, if it has to be visible on the main UI, make PvE and PvP queues two tabs of a single queues window, with PvE the default.

Also, the drop-down button seems to be smaller than it was before. It shouldn't be, there's lots of wasted space on the dilithium store button.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Not only do I dislike the loss of the PvE button, the retarded dilithium store doesn't carry antiproton ship weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Idea, Customizable bars, pick what u want on the bar. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Agreed. Put the PVE button back.

And btw, the dilithium store prices are cheaper here than at the actual vendor. I believe the prices from the minimap store are the crafting prices - except you don't need to craft it. Maybe they finally put in on-ship crafting? lol