Lt. Commander
# 1 Customize the rest of the Ship
02-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I like the various bridge options, but why not let us choose options for our engine rooms and Residential area? It is a little distracting that my Dreadnought has the same size Warpcore as my Defiant. Plus in general I think the ship interior should be more important to game play, maybe alow for items that give your higher level ships accesses to some of the same amenities as a star base, plus some new ones, training, holodeck, industrial replicater for R&D, ext.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Maybe we could even see the Different unlockable Engine types. like the borg/ agis engine or the Omega / Maco / Honor guard engines.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
It would also be nice to choose some form of template uniform for the rest of your crew.
Since me and my closest officers all run around in Wrath of Khan uniforms, it looks a little strange when the rest of my crew stands around in contemporary uniforms.
Say you design one uniform for all the guys who normally have blue, red and yellow colors on their standard uniforms.
If you are running your ship with the TOS bridge, you would probably want the rest of your crew to look the part.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I agree. Even if it is 3 or 4 options that we can choose it would be nice to have some sort of inside variety. Other than the bride that is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm surprised they don't use a striped down version of the Foundry to do that for captains office, lounge, and captain's room.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Someone said once (and I can't remember the source so take it with a grain of salt) that if everyone had a customizable ship interior they would need 10x the server capacity. I think that is why they have designed all of the starbases and ships with doors that donít work. So that if they make missions it can all play off the same interiors.

I think a customizable anything on the ship would be GREAT! I spend hours on the uniform and I could spend hours fixing up my ready room for guests. Or even C-Store purchase a futon for a visit from Q.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
How could it be that much different than if everyone created 20 foundry missions, compared to most these would be MUCH smaller.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
How could it be that much different than if everyone created 20 foundry missions, compared to most these would be MUCH smaller.
Well from what I remember that if you create the foundry mission on a spacestation, you are essentially creating another instance of the existing spacestatin which is already ingame. You are just putting npc and text in that instance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waenn
It would also be nice to choose some form of template uniform for the rest of your crew.
Since me and my closest officers all run around in Wrath of Khan uniforms, it looks a little strange when the rest of my crew stands around in contemporary uniforms.
Say you design one uniform for all the guys who normally have blue, red and yellow colors on their standard uniforms.
If you are running your ship with the TOS bridge, you would probably want the rest of your crew to look the part.

It's been asked for since beta.

I still think it would be awesome if they used the tech that the fleet tab uses for Fleet Uniforms. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but since I've been asking for it since they offered ship interiors, it must either be very difficult, or they feel that enough of the player base isn't interested enough to spend the time to work on it.

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
First of all, I totally agree with the uniform thing. I would love to have my crew wear white just as with me and my officers.
Also, why can't we see our Duty Officers inside our ship? I want to see my bartender working in the lounge and I can go up and click on him for a drink. That will be cool! I also want to visit injured Duty Officers in the sickbay if they were injured on a mission. Heck, I play a doctor, I want to do something to get my Duty Officers out of sickbay!

I totally agree with the whole replicator and warpcore thing from an earlier post.

It'll be nice to have a shuttle bay where we can access the small crafts that we bought. Also, the models for most small crafts while on ground and in space are too big.

Anyway, I feel the ships interior is too big. I mean how can these starships have corridors that's twice as high as a person? It is just a waste of space. The windows in our quarters and lounges are just too big, its a decompression risk in a battle. If camera clipping is an issue, then make the camera system to force anything that it clips to automatically transparent (breaking the 4th wall) so nothing will spaz out because of clipping.

Lastly, they can have the customized ships interior stored on the player's hard drives and not on the server. If you want to log on from a different computer, it may be a hassle, but you then will have to choose to upload the interiors to the server before using a different computer. Heck, they can make it a C-store item to store your own interiors on the server and make a few more bucks for them self. While this is at it, why not make it so users can sell their designs for Dilithium. This will save a whole lot of work for the design team on the long run.
And if you want to invite a friend or two to your ship, then transfer your interior to their computers on the loading screen. We all have the models and texture files anyway, the only things need to be transfer is the information on where we put things.