Lt. Commander
Currently grinding STFs, my char is a Tac in assault cruiser.
Fore:
Antiproton Beam Mk X[Borg]x3
Quantum Torpedo Mk X[Borg]
Aft:
Antiproton Beam Mk X[Borg]x2 (soon x3)
Disruptor Beam Mk X (soon replaced by ap beam)
Quantum Torpedo Mk X[Borg]

Shields: Borg
Engines: Borg
Deflector: Borg
Consoles:
Tac:
+Quantums Mk X Very Rare
+Beam weapons x2 Mk X Uncommon and Rare
Eng:
+EPS Power rate
+Plasma Distribution Manifold (weapon power)
+Shield Emitter Amplifier (shield regen)
+Field Emitter (+ shield power)
Sci:
+crew recovery
Borg console

My primary focus is DPS right now. I have torpedo (high yield) and Tac Team, Emergency Power to Weapons I and all the tactical space abilities. 700+ damage counters (yellow indicators when you shoot) and lots of them, as well as the occasional 1000 radiation proc. I was just wondering if this setup is good and if you tend to get even more DPS out of your cruisers. What setups do you have?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 09:39 AM
These two are now sceince consoles I believe.

+Shield Emitter Amplifier (shield regen)
+Field Emitter (+ shield power)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 10:02 AM
If you want a reference on how much damage output your build does versuses other captains builds then I can tell you that my damage output is between 7000-32000 damage per second sustained. Each beam hitting between 900 - 1400 consistently with peak moments being at over 4000 per beam.

Here is a link to my build if you wish to try it out for yourself and see the results: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251422
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
250k damage Lance, followed by 140k Tricobalt.

I don't need much more than that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Is there an actual damage parser for STO that is/has been proven to be accurate or is the 7k-32k just a guestimate?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Well if you pay attention to the yellow numbers that scroll over the top of the target your attacking your able to see how much damage your hitting that target for. When im firing i see a consistent stream of numbers between 1000-1400 every second, therefore i can conclude that each beam is hitting for that amount, since each number is a beam hitting my target. Then you do the math, 1000 -1400 x 7. Gives you a dps of about 7000 - 9800 damage per second, with peak moments of beams hitting for 4400 that gives you 4400 x 7 = 32000 damage per second, sustained damage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm very interested in this. My buildout is very, very similar. Here we go:

Tactical Officer in an Assault Cruiser.

Fore:
Phaser Beam Array Mk XI [Borg]
Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank MKXI [Special Mission drop]
Dual Phaser Beam Bank MKXI [Borg]
Quantum Torpedo Mk XI [Borg]

Aft:
Fore:
Phaser Beam Array Mk XI [Borg] x3
Quantum Torpedo Mk XI [Borg]

Shields: Borg
Engines: Borg
Deflector: Borg
Consoles:
Tac:
+Phaser Beam Relay MKXI [Rare] x2
+Zero Point Quantum Chamber MKXI [Rare]
Eng:
+Plasma Distribution Manifold MKXI [Rare]
+RCS Accelerator MKXI [Rare]
+EPS Flow Regulator MKXI [Rare]
+Tetraburnium Hull Armor MKXI [Uncommon]
Sci:
Biofunction Monitor MKXI [Uncommon]
Inertial Dampeners MKX [Rare]
( I want to throw the Borg console in here when I get it)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorok21
Well if you pay attention to the yellow numbers that scroll over the top of the target your attacking your able to see how much damage your hitting that target for. When im firing i see a consistent stream of numbers between 1000-1400 every second, therefore i can conclude that each beam is hitting for that amount, since each number is a beam hitting my target. Then you do the math, 1000 -1400 x 7. Gives you a dps of about 7000 - 9800 damage per second, with peak moments of beams hitting for 4400 that gives you 4400 x 7 = 32000 damage per second, sustained damage.
So its a guess, educated, but still a guess. How does weapon firing delay figure into that, as I know they fire one after another not all at once. In addition how many 'shot's' does each beam array get in its 4 second cycle, I believe it is 3 but I'm not 100% sure on that. Also, crits are not sustained damage they simply increase the sustained damage, so that would be spike damage.

An easier way to figure out a more conservative sustained DPS would be to lower you weapon power close to the lowest point it gets during your firing cycle and then simply do the math. That would give you your minimum raw DPS output before enemy resists/armor are taken into account.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreael
So its a guess, educated, but still a guess. How does weapon firing delay figure into that, as I know they fire one after another not all at once. In addition how many 'shot's' does each beam array get in its 4 second cycle, I believe it is 3 but I'm not 100% sure on that. Also, crits are not sustained damage they simply increase the sustained damage, so that would be spike damage.

An easier way to figure out a more conservative sustained DPS would be to lower you weapon power close to the lowest point it gets during your firing cycle and then simply do the math. That would give you your minimum raw DPS output before enemy resists/armor are taken into account.
I use an application that calculates it on the side by logging my combat log.

Works well.

It's generally what I reference when people are stupid enough to try to tell me that I can't 1-shot people, when I can prove it all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Is this a script you wrote that is private only or is it available somewhere?

And no worries, I'm not questioning your burst, just a sustained 7k-32k, which is way to large of a variance to use as an accurate measure of sustained DPS.