Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
These days I find I just don't have the time to fly around to the cheapest commodity vendors for a particular doff mission- I just tend to replicate the ones I need on the spot. But it's an annoying and, as I realized, ultimately needless song and dance.

Why not, instead, add an 'auto-replicate' button to the doff menu that pops up if you don't have the required commodities but are able to replicate them.

So like "You don't have commodity X, Y, replicate for Z Energy Credits?" and then launch the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes, please!

Forcing me to manually replicate them just adds an irritating bit of make-work to the process.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
/signed I would really like this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 11:32 AM
At the VERY least I wish they'd move the commodities above food in the list. I replicate those things by the truckload, but I don't really bother with food often.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
At the VERY least I wish they'd move the commodities above food in the list. I replicate those things by the truckload, but I don't really bother with food ever.
fixed to reflect my viewpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't know - it would make it easier but it would kill that feature of the game.

My suggestion would be to add more traders flying around various sectors. It seems like I can only quickly and reliably find traders in the Sirus sector.

I do agree with Hevach that food should be listed at the bottom of the replicator as it is annoying to always have to scroll past all that fluff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
fixed to reflect my viewpoint.
I bred a tribble once on purpose, so I can't quite say never.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
This would be an excellent feature. Ideally it would warn you about the price, but that is a small thing. Totally endorse this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Juggling commodities are trading them is intended to be part of the duty officer system, so I am reluctant to make it so easy to replicate that it might as well just be an automatic EC cost.

That being said, the juggling of commodities should be at least somewhat interesting, so I am open to ideas to make the juggling of them more rewarding and/or more interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Juggling commodities are trading them is intended to be part of the duty officer system, so I am reluctant to make it so easy to replicate that it might as well just be an automatic EC cost.

That being said, the juggling of commodities should be at least somewhat interesting, so I am open to ideas to make the juggling of them more rewarding and/or more interesting.
I don't mind replicating stuff, what I mind is the replication interface, which is clunky. At least for me I end up squinting at the screen while scrolling around looking for a tiny little icon which is always a chore. Granted, I always just use my ship replicator, so it isn't like I'm really doing what you are 'supposed' to do anyway.

I'm not smart enough to come up with a solution though, short of integrating your voice chat system to let me ask the replicator for my materials. Which would be awesome.