Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm kinda peeved that we only have access to one NPC Contact from the Terran Empire (the Jupiter-dreadnought), and it's labelled "Fek'ihri Dreadnought". We need that fixed, we need more Terran Empire ships, and we need to be able to put dreadnought ships into the mission!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I`m thinking they need to have The Battle Bridge for The Galaxy Class Starship as well as The Auxillary control Room on The Constitutiuon Class Ship!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowecho71 View Post
I`m thinking they need to have The Battle Bridge for The Galaxy Class Starship as well as The Auxillary control Room on The Constitutiuon Class Ship!
Yes! I am behind that!

Then again I would be thrilled if they put in a spell check.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
DS9 map needs Quarks, Upper Promenade and OPS. Also, Bajor and the new Defiant maps should be available for the Foundry to complete the DS9 Alpha Quadrant area.
The coolest thing I've heard out here would be the ability to create your own cutscenes. Now that would be something I'd be grinding!
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredy777
DS9 map needs Quarks, Upper Promenade and OPS. Also, Bajor and the new Defiant maps should be available for the Foundry to complete the DS9 Alpha Quadrant area.
The coolest thing I've heard out here would be the ability to create your own cutscenes. Now that would be something I'd be grinding!
this

without cutscenes
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm brand new to the foundry. I just published my first mission, "DS Daily 1a- A Brief Diversion" and the foundry is a fun tool, but it has some gaping holes.

A few game design standards; area transition triggers (not tied to plot), the ability to set and get integer variables, etc. would allow for much more interesting missions. The inability to add walk waypoints stands out like a sore thumb.

Dialog starting conditionals would be awesome, especially if it was tied to the ability to access integer variables and local constants from the in-game database. For example, you could create a dialog box where an NPC might flirt with the player depending on the characters sex, or an away team member's pop-up dialog could be varied according to his/her race with a Vulcan giving a coldly logical assessment of a situation, a human offering a glib witticism, and a Bolian wrapping it up in a little unnecessary drama for effect.

I'm not sure I understand why the felt a need to draw a difference between contacts and mobs. In most game engines they are the same thing, with "mobs" spawning in placable creatures as needed, and the behavior of the placable creatures determined by a simple faction system. It seems a much more sensible solution and offers a lot more choice in storytelling. This way any model can be used as an encounter or "monster" simply by changing it's faction from "friendly" to "hostile".

The ability to tie dialogs to models rather than having to use the plot or hidden bottles and shot glasses would be nice, too.

Finally a simple scripting system and a few hooks would be sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
multi player / fleet foundry missions would be great
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Also, please, please, PLEASE...

Allow us to set NPC contacts invulnerable to weapons and AOE damage, so they don't die if struck during a ground battle.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrilon View Post
Also, please, please, PLEASE...

Allow us to set NPC contacts invulnerable to weapons and AOE damage, so they don't die if struck during a ground battle.
If I understood correctly, a recent update patch fixed this problem. You may need to republish your Foundry mission to make sure it takes effect.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
If I understood correctly, a recent update patch fixed this problem. You may need to republish your Foundry mission to make sure it takes effect.
Oh? Thanks! I'll check it out!