Maps - Earth
Maps - Earth-like city structures old and spaceage. Many episodes in Star Trek take place in Earth's past.
Maps - Ability to use Player's Bridge
Maps - Shuttle interior
Maps - Randomiser/ Map Generator
Great ideas listed above in the whole thread, but they still do not have the NEW ESD and the NEW Sol System that has been out over a year.
I'm having a hard time building an individual enemy contact into the adventure (ground). There is one neutral and one friend. Other than kludging it, it would be nice to have one.
Also, we desparately need a visibility change 'effect" capbility. When something goes visibility hidden it would be great if it could be set to "beam out" and visibility show could be "beam in" on triggers! That would GREATLY enhance the trigger tools with less code required.
I've just about finished my first attempt to make a part-storyline, party-trigger based foundry adventure. My results were "so so" but I found some of these things desperately needed:
1) An open jail cell for every closed one (I respawn them inside one and there's no way out!)
2) The ability to merge regular dialogue into dialogue attached to a story item.... it was a pain to do all that copy/pasting when I needed to move from a triggered dialogue to a storyline dialogue.
3) We need to be able to make NPC's and enemies LEAVE on a trigger as well as ARRIVE on a trigger. It sucks that the only way to get rid of an NPC or enemy is to kill them.
The triggers are pretty awesome. With this last project I feel I'm ready to try to build a trigger-only storyline. That is, each map has an entry point story objective and an end-point story-objective. Everything in between would be a mish-mash of triggers based on previous "dialogues". Challenging... but I'm hopeful.
Map-wide effects (the low gravity one is awesome!)
1) Need dome forcefields of various sizes. Especially for bubbling a small moon-base. It's probably a serious challenge to animate it, so maybe just something that's sort of "glasslike"? It could even be a hex pattern across the whole sky or something... that would be helpful too.
2) Windstorming (real dust affect but constant -- as light as possible of course... wouldn't want to burn out a video card)
3) Atmospherics (storms, distant tornadoes, rain... et cetera)
4) More sky traffic options would be great. Each civilization would have different looking sky traffic.
Other things that would be helpful:
5) Mud (patches or maybe the whole map)
6) Humanoid skeletons of various sizes and ages...
7) Warg Pits
8) Beast Corrals
9) REAL beast costume creator (it would be nice to invent some non-humanoid aliens for a RARE encounter with an extra-galactic visitor).
10) Tholians... no sign of them yet, but we have Undine which are very similar -- just give them glowing jagged carapaces and a heat haze effect.
I'd be willing to pay in the C-Store for access to packs of Foundry goodies to augment my options in future creations.
1) Ability to allow player to take down less than a full party or beam into a map alone.
2) Ability to force landing party into "casual clothes" (or at least the player)
3) Ability in dialogue to recognize race, number in party, race of each party member, gender of party members.
4) Ability to store persistent "state" variables (boolean is all we need or maybe an integer) that is set when specific dialogues are chosen. With these values attached to a trigger we can then make conditional dialogue more powerul.
The only thing I really want is the ability to make NPCs dissapear so they can "turn hostile", and for enemy ships to be disabled rather than destroyed as an objective, and lastly the ability to have an enemy warp out at the "disable" point.
On top of that, I think some generic ship stats could be added that we can apply existinc costumes to so we can create things like static defences, bosses and freighters etc without having to use a workaround.