Lt. Commander
# 41
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcanis
I'd be happy if they would just fix the darn bug keeping me from purchasing any foundry slots to do anything!
Yes-this means that ALL the F2P players cannot create foundry content. I suspect if this bug is fixed there will be a LOT more foundry content. In fact, I wanted to get into the Foundry this weekend, but was stopped by this bug.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Yes-this means that ALL the F2P players cannot create foundry content. I suspect if this bug is fixed there will be a LOT more foundry content. In fact, I wanted to get into the Foundry this weekend, but was stopped by this bug.
Well in the few months it has been F2P I have spent the equivalent of about 14 months subscription buying ships, bank slots, outfits, etc.. and most recently extra char slots to use foundry. So you would think they would fix this issue. Come to think of it might have been cheaper to buy lifetime membership. lol
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah. I bought two character slots just to go into the foundry, and now they're just sitting there. Hope Cryptic fixes the bug soon . . . I have my script and puzzles all worked out . . . I've been watching and reading foundry tutorials . . . let me at it!
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
My most-wanted features (mostly things I wanted to do in my missions, until I discovered I can't yet), in no particular order:
  • Shuttle space missions
  • Limiting the number of BOffs accompanying your toon on ground/interior maps
  • Optional mission objectives
  • Specialized (i.e. Engineering, Science and Tactical-specific) mission objectives
  • Robust story branching, including mission failure branches
  • Using your own toon in dialog boxes (Having to put captain's dialog in OOC tags under some BOff's dialog is confusing and just plain stupid)
  • A mechanism to quickly make a custom NPC asset or costume based on one of your toons. (For example, one of my toons is a VA and I would love to put him into one of my missions as an NPC, but am not looking forward to painstakingly copying down and transferring all his appearance and uniform settings from the game to the Foundry costume editor.)
  • A single seamless mechanism to change NPCs between friendly, enemy and non-combat contact

My most-wanted new assets:
  • Updated Sol System, ESD and DS9 maps
  • A Starfleet Academy ground/interior map
  • Thalaron generators (both the portable and full-sized versions, as seen in Star Trek: Nemesis)
  • Ground map of the Ba'ku planet (as seen in Star Trek: Insurrection; hey, we've already got the Briar Patch space map)
  • The triolic visual effect (as seen in the Devidian missions, and with the Triolic Pattern Enhancer ground device)
  • Some neutral graphic(s) for dialog boxes to represent dialog by the ship's computer, text being read from a book or computer screen, etc. (i.e. any information that is not being spoken by a character on the map)
  • In the same vein, a graphic of a Borg ship, or even the interior of one, to represent dialog spoken by the Borg Collective
  • Audio assets to accompany dialog (e.g. a clip of the Breen "dialup" speech effect to accompany Breen character dialog, or any number of boilerplate Borg lines like "Resistance is futile" to accompany Borg character dialog), and a mechanism in the Popup Dialog window to select them
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, specialized objectives would be nice. Currently, I think if I get into the Foundry I'd do a branching dialogue with three "success" outcomes where the player chooses their class in the beginning. We can do that . . . Right?
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Well the slot bug was fixed...at least for me,I now have 8 slots and I am a F2P player.
I would also like to se Despawn triggers or one that makes an enemy a neutral or friendly NPC, or a friendly to a neutral or an enemy.ETC.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
I would like to create a foundry mission but for what I want to do I can't, I would like cryptic to add the ability to completely create a unique looking ship, nothing fed style or kdf style something that cannot be identified

For example: taking part of the romulan warbird shell and mixing it with something from the kdf side and all other faction to create a unique looking ship or even have a lot of generic ship part (small,medium and large) to once again have that first contact feel in space with an alien species that you cannot identify

Dal.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah, the slot bug was fixed with the last patch. I was talking before the patch that fixed it.

I would like to be able to make an NPC group despawn. I would also like to make wander work when previewing the map.

Also, why isn't the standard Fed starbase (starbase 39-sierra type) in the foundry? Or maybe I just haven't found it yet? Can someone tell me what it's called?

Hopefully a bunch of stuff comes out with season six . . .
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltaron
I would like to create a foundry mission but for what I want to do I can't, I would like cryptic to add the ability to completely create a unique looking ship, nothing fed style or kdf style something that cannot be identified

For example: taking part of the romulan warbird shell and mixing it with something from the kdf side and all other faction to create a unique looking ship or even have a lot of generic ship part (small,medium and large) to once again have that first contact feel in space with an alien species that you cannot identify

Dal.
I remember someone else suggested such a "kitbashing" feature for the Foundry several months ago. (That's what the practice of building a new ship model using parts from pre-existing models was called by the TNG/DS9/VGR production crews, in the days before CGI rendered it obsolete.) The big obstacle to that would be coming up with a filtering mechanism to screen out combinations of parts that are entirely incompatible (e.g. trying to stick a Starfleet saucer section onto most Fek'lhri or Undine ships).
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Also, why isn't the standard Fed starbase (starbase 39-sierra type) in the foundry? Or maybe I just haven't found it yet? Can someone tell me what it's called?
It is - search "Sierra Starbase 39"; make sure you're searching interiors rather than ground or space.