Lt. Commander
# 31 Crash
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Well I feel lucky for all you guys, I cant even seem to open the game since the anniversary patch hit my client, i keep getting a fatal error that hits when the Cryptic loading screen is supposed to start.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
catching the Q critters is impossible, i run all over them and nothing happens. looks like others are magically able to do it though

*edit- yes i have the mission from Q
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
catching the Q critters is impossible, i run all over them and nothing happens. looks like others are magically able to do it though

*edit- yes i have the mission from Q
You can only catch the one you summoned. You summon them by speaking to little Q's.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm starting to question this "Priority Login" stuff that I get as gold member... as my froob friends seem to login just as good as me on his modem as I do on my 100 mb dedicated cable connection... But aside from the zone screen hell, I like the new ships, good idea... the Academy game seems alright to me..no complaints... I may have expected a bit more than a couple quickie missions... maybe a permanent quest for an occasion like this... But that may well just be my opinion of what an MMO event should be...

Overall, neat ships, pretty mission to get it... I wish I could steal the rechargables, and I wish I didn't have to redo my space toolbar every time I switch a ship... =)

Happy Anniversary STO!
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
You can only catch the one you summoned. You summon them by speaking to little Q's.
ya just figured that out. quite frustrating since there was no explanation, just chase q critters. naturally your going to run after the critters you see running, and have your frustration build. something along the lines of 'camp near a mini q and spam F until you can talk to him and get him to spawn a critter' would have been nice
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I can't seem to be able to grab the Q mission on the Klingon side. Is there a certain level you need to be, beside level 21?
Lt. Commander
# 37 Oddysey Glitch?
02-02-2012, 11:58 AM
i tried to play the oddysey shakedown mission twice and there is no map for mars system just a blank light blue screen. is this a bug or is it my hardware? my account name is : Obamatronic. and the charater in question is called : QaplaH (a FED Klingon). Thankyou.

my comp specs are :

Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz x2 6MB Cache @1333 MHz
8 GB DDR3 Dual Channel PNY Gold @1333 MHz
1 TB WD Green HDD (SATA II)
NVIDIA 8800 GT 512 MB with 4 GB System Allocated
12 MB/S CenturyLink Broadband Internet

Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2012, 12:08 PM
The new ships are fantastic and the little shakedown mission was decently fun. I'm also enjoying the decorations and the random Q prizes, though it would have been nice to see another unique costume piece, like the winter scarves.

The Q event itself is very disappointing though, the little minigame is incredibly tedious. I'm not sure what time constraints they were under when they through it together, but it feels incredibly lazy and lacks any imagination what so ever
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
how did you get it to work? plese refer to my message above your post thanx
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamatronic View Post
how did you get it to work? plese refer to my message above your post thanx
I'm guessing you're just getting a lot of lag, due to the amount of people playing. I haven't had any problems, but some can't even log on.